Hamilton High School junior Paula Myatt qualified for Wisconsin Future Problem Solvers State Bowl. At the competition, which will be April 15-17 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Myatt will compete against other Wisconsin students in the senior level individual category who are attempting to qualify for international competition.
To make it to the state competition, Myatt completed two practice problems and one qualifying problem throughout the school year. With the guidance of her coach, Hamilton High School communication arts teacher Misty Draeger, Myatt examined topics such as sensory overload and invasive species. During the two-hour booklet writing session for the state bowl, Myatt examined a futuristic scenario pertaining to orphaned children.
Future Problem Solving engages students in creative problem solving. Founded in 1974 by creativity pioneer, Dr. E. Paul Torrance, Future Problem Solving stimulates critical and creative thinking skills and encourages students to develop a vision for the future. Students experience the excitement of creative thinking and the thrill of resolving complex problems with unique solutions when they participate in Future Problem Solving.
Each year more than 2,000 students attend the FPS International Conference which features four days of stimulating competitive problem solving, cooperative educational seminars and social activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sussex Lioness, Lions Clubs “Stuff the Bus” for kids
- Vintage Baseball Game & Car Show
- Esprit Poms & Dance Teams are Busy, and Growing!
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money