Hamilton High School junior Paula Myatt qualified for Wisconsin Future Problem Solvers State Bowl. At the competition, which will be April 15-17 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Myatt will compete against other Wisconsin students in the senior level individual category who are attempting to qualify for international competition.
To make it to the state competition, Myatt completed two practice problems and one qualifying problem throughout the school year. With the guidance of her coach, Hamilton High School communication arts teacher Misty Draeger, Myatt examined topics such as sensory overload and invasive species. During the two-hour booklet writing session for the state bowl, Myatt examined a futuristic scenario pertaining to orphaned children.
Future Problem Solving engages students in creative problem solving. Founded in 1974 by creativity pioneer, Dr. E. Paul Torrance, Future Problem Solving stimulates critical and creative thinking skills and encourages students to develop a vision for the future. Students experience the excitement of creative thinking and the thrill of resolving complex problems with unique solutions when they participate in Future Problem Solving.
Each year more than 2,000 students attend the FPS International Conference which features four days of stimulating competitive problem solving, cooperative educational seminars and social activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ‘Feast & Follies’ dinner show set for April 23 at Germantown High School
- Volunteer Center: Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- Seven Tips to Stay Safe on Winter Roads