Hamilton High School junior Paula Myatt qualified for Wisconsin Future Problem Solvers State Bowl. At the competition, which will be April 15-17 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Myatt will compete against other Wisconsin students in the senior level individual category who are attempting to qualify for international competition.
To make it to the state competition, Myatt completed two practice problems and one qualifying problem throughout the school year. With the guidance of her coach, Hamilton High School communication arts teacher Misty Draeger, Myatt examined topics such as sensory overload and invasive species. During the two-hour booklet writing session for the state bowl, Myatt examined a futuristic scenario pertaining to orphaned children.
Future Problem Solving engages students in creative problem solving. Founded in 1974 by creativity pioneer, Dr. E. Paul Torrance, Future Problem Solving stimulates critical and creative thinking skills and encourages students to develop a vision for the future. Students experience the excitement of creative thinking and the thrill of resolving complex problems with unique solutions when they participate in Future Problem Solving.
Each year more than 2,000 students attend the FPS International Conference which features four days of stimulating competitive problem solving, cooperative educational seminars and social activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale