Do you sew? Do you knit? Are you in a sewing or knitting group/club? Do you have a heart for helping children?
"Hearts in Unity" is looking for volunteers willing to help with two ongoing projects for the benefit of the orphan and at-risk children living in Tanzania in East Africa.
(1) To sew simple fabric school bags for elementary school children in the remote villages of Tanzania.
(2) To knit/crochet hats for the orphan and at-risk children living in the cooler mountain regions in northern Tanzania – on the slopes of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro.
For more information about volunteering for these projects, please send an email to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hearts in Unity is a local non-profit organization dedicated to a mission of care and support of orphan and at-risk children in the remote villages of northern Tanzania, Africa. Tanzania is the 5th poorest country in the world – a country where families live in extreme poverty, struggling to survive on less than $1 a day.
Through programs to feed, clothe and educate the children, we are making a difference and changing lives. We invite you to join us in helping these precious children.
To learn more, please visit Hearts in Unity on the web at:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Silver Springs Antiques Grand Opening!
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Germantown Resident Margaret Mucha named to Regulatory Affairs Professional Society
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award