Do you sew? Do you knit? Are you in a sewing or knitting group/club? Do you have a heart for helping children?
"Hearts in Unity" is looking for volunteers willing to help with two ongoing projects for the benefit of the orphan and at-risk children living in Tanzania in East Africa.
(1) To sew simple fabric school bags for elementary school children in the remote villages of Tanzania.
(2) To knit/crochet hats for the orphan and at-risk children living in the cooler mountain regions in northern Tanzania – on the slopes of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro.
For more information about volunteering for these projects, please send an email to Sue at email@example.com.
Hearts in Unity is a local non-profit organization dedicated to a mission of care and support of orphan and at-risk children in the remote villages of northern Tanzania, Africa. Tanzania is the 5th poorest country in the world – a country where families live in extreme poverty, struggling to survive on less than $1 a day.
Through programs to feed, clothe and educate the children, we are making a difference and changing lives. We invite you to join us in helping these precious children.
To learn more, please visit Hearts in Unity on the web at:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive
- Hamilton announces September students of the month
- Wisconsin's Mining Standoff - free documentary screening