North Woods Landscape by Linden Pohland was chosen as a Top 12 photo in the 2014 Wisconsin 4-H and Youth Photo Display. Pohland has been a member of the Freistadt 4-H Friends Club of Germantown for 10 years. This was Pohland’s eighth year in the photography project. The photo was taken July of 2013 in Minocqua, WI on Patricia Lake. The display, which features more than 130 select photos taken by youth from 53 counties across the state, will be exhibited in the Wisconsin State Fair Exposition Center, July 31-August 10. Thousands of visitors will view the display during the fair.
Pohland said "I've been asked about this shot many times and always say that I happened to be in the right place at the right time. By fusing both nature and weather elements I was able to get a timeless shot that does not even look real. I feel honored to be in the top 12, there are many great 4-H photographers around the state and being recognized as one of them is very humbling. As a long time member of the photography project this is the pinnacle of my work over the course of the last eight years. I appreciate everyone who has taught and mentored me along the way to becoming a better photographer."
About Washington County 4-H:
4-H is a community of young people learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. In Washington County, 4-H programs are implemented by the land grant university and the Cooperative Extension System through the Washington County UW-Extension Office.
Learn more about 4-H at http://washington.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/.
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016