North Woods Landscape by Linden Pohland was chosen as a Top 12 photo in the 2014 Wisconsin 4-H and Youth Photo Display. Pohland has been a member of the Freistadt 4-H Friends Club of Germantown for 10 years. This was Pohland’s eighth year in the photography project. The photo was taken July of 2013 in Minocqua, WI on Patricia Lake. The display, which features more than 130 select photos taken by youth from 53 counties across the state, will be exhibited in the Wisconsin State Fair Exposition Center, July 31-August 10. Thousands of visitors will view the display during the fair.
Pohland said "I've been asked about this shot many times and always say that I happened to be in the right place at the right time. By fusing both nature and weather elements I was able to get a timeless shot that does not even look real. I feel honored to be in the top 12, there are many great 4-H photographers around the state and being recognized as one of them is very humbling. As a long time member of the photography project this is the pinnacle of my work over the course of the last eight years. I appreciate everyone who has taught and mentored me along the way to becoming a better photographer."
About Washington County 4-H:
4-H is a community of young people learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. In Washington County, 4-H programs are implemented by the land grant university and the Cooperative Extension System through the Washington County UW-Extension Office.
Learn more about 4-H at http://washington.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Bob Brown Benefit
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- New Director of Clincal Operations
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- Pre-Order Discounted Float Sessions!