As Germantown Little League (GTLL) wraps up its 41st year, we are excited to announce a new partnership with the Germantown Jaguars. This partnership gives Germantown kids a chance to play more baseball without having to commit to a full 30-40 game travel/club schedule. It gives them a chance to play Little League baseball while getting a taste of highly competitive tournament baseball—and still being eligible to play in the most exciting youth sports event in the world—the Little League World Series!
Kids in many communities are leaving their community to play travel/club baseball at younger ages every year. We are not certain it is good for eight year old kids to be playing 30-40 games—3-5 tournaments plus 20 state league games—some as far away as Racine and Sheboygan, and on weekdays during the school year. Our partnership with the Jaguars gives Germantown kids a nice balance of local and travel baseball.
GTLL would like to encourage kids who are interested in playing more baseball to try out for a Jaguars team. The kids that make younger Germantown Jaguars teams would get the best offseason training available and play in 3-5 tournaments, but would not participate in the state league so that they could play on Little League teams also. Most of the kids who play on a younger Jaguars team and a GTLL team would play 20-25 games, with no league road games. The bonus is that any kids playing GTLL would also be eligible to be picked to play in Little League All-Stars with the possibility of playing in the Little League World Series!
Here are a couple reasons we feel like this GTLL/Jaguars partnership is great for Germantown:
From a social standpoint:
1. Kids meet many more Germantown kids when they stick in GTLL longer. They go in to Kennedy Middle School knowing many more kids from the other Germantown elementary schools. Germantown parents/families get to know many more Germantown parents/families. This has always been one of the biggest benefits of GTLL.
2. Kids get a chance to play with and against their friends, which is more fun than going for a 45 minute drive after a tough day at school. That time could be better spent. (Oh, and don’t forget the 45 minute ride home after the game.)
From a pure baseball development standpoint:
1. Younger kids are better served having more practices during the season instead spending so much time driving to other towns to play more games (often at the expense of practices).
2. The Germanton Jaguars have been providing the best coaching in the area since 2004, with many coaches having high school and college coaching/playing experience. At least two ex-Jaguars are playing college baseball right now, at UWM and Rhodes College.
3. Many kids want to play more than one sport for as long as they can. While a 35-40 game traveling baseball schedule at a very young age wreaks havoc with attempts to balance multiple sports, it is very manageable with our more balanced schedule.
4. GTLL and the Jaguars are forming a partnership with Impact Sports in Menomonee Falls so as to give GTLL/Jaguars players priority access to high quality indoor practice facilities about two minutes from Germantown! This is consistent with our theme of keeping the younger kids closer to home.
From a ‘balance’ standpoint:
1. Many kids want to play more than one sport for as long as they can. While a 35-40 game traveling baseball schedule at a very young age wreaks havoc with attempts to balance multiple sports, it is very manageable with our more balanced schedule.
2. GTLL and the Jaguars are forming a partnership with Impact Sports in Menomonee Falls so as to give GTLL/Jaguars players priority access to high quality indoor practice facilities about two minutes from Germantown! This is consistent with our theme of keeping the younger kids closer to home.
To summarize, we believe that this Germantown Little League-Germantown Jaguars is the perfect way for kids to be introduced to tournament baseball. Please visit the Germantown Little League web site or the Germantown Jaguars web site for more details on how to sign up for Little League and for the Germantown Jaguars tryouts.
Dates for the tryouts are as follows:
7th & 8th Grade - Friday, July 18th 5:30-7:30 Jaguar Field
5th & 6th Grade - Monday, July 21st 5:30-7:30 Jaguar Field
4th Grade - Wednesday, July 23rd 5:30-7:30 Jaguar Field
U10 Girls Softball - Saturday, August 2nd 9:00am-11:00am Jaguar Field
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Bank Financial Centre Hosting “Holi-Days of Giving”
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- YOGA at Anytime Fitness Menomonee Falls
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Earns Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- Shaunti Feldhan to Reveal the Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter