Washington County, Wisconsin (June 4, 2014) – Bryce Wentlandt of Jackson and Abby Werner of Germantown have qualified to represent Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports at the National 4-H Invitational Competition, June 24-29, 2014, in Grand Island, Nebraska. This prestigious team selection is the highest honor a 4-H member can receive in 4-H Shooting Sports.
Each year, 4-H Invitational Shooting competitions are offered in several counties across the state where 4-H members compete to qualify for the Wisconsin national team. Wentlandt has qualified for the 2014 team in the compound archery category, and Werner will represent Wisconsin at national in recurve archery. This year’s 25 team members will join more than 400 4-H youth from 40+ states to compete in three days of shooting events at the national competition.
Washington County 4-H has over 250 youth participating in the safety education shooting sports program. According to County 4-H Youth Development Educator Brianna Stapleton Welch, this year’s team members exemplify the goals and values of the Wisconsin 4-H Program:
“Bryce and Abby have worked hard to earn this achievement. Through their participation in the Washington County 4-H Shooting Sports program, they have grown in self-discipline, teamwork, and leadership.”
Wisconsin National Team youth range in age from 14 to 19 and are currently enrolled 4-H members in good standing in their county 4-H program. The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation and the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation help to support the Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports program.
About Washington County 4-H:
4-H is a community of young people learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. In Washington County, 4-H programs are implemented by the land grant university and the Cooperative Extension System through the Washington County UW-Extension Office.
Learn more about 4-H at http://washington.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser