Washington County, Wisconsin (June 4, 2014) – Bryce Wentlandt of Jackson and Abby Werner of Germantown have qualified to represent Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports at the National 4-H Invitational Competition, June 24-29, 2014, in Grand Island, Nebraska. This prestigious team selection is the highest honor a 4-H member can receive in 4-H Shooting Sports.
Each year, 4-H Invitational Shooting competitions are offered in several counties across the state where 4-H members compete to qualify for the Wisconsin national team. Wentlandt has qualified for the 2014 team in the compound archery category, and Werner will represent Wisconsin at national in recurve archery. This year’s 25 team members will join more than 400 4-H youth from 40+ states to compete in three days of shooting events at the national competition.
Washington County 4-H has over 250 youth participating in the safety education shooting sports program. According to County 4-H Youth Development Educator Brianna Stapleton Welch, this year’s team members exemplify the goals and values of the Wisconsin 4-H Program:
“Bryce and Abby have worked hard to earn this achievement. Through their participation in the Washington County 4-H Shooting Sports program, they have grown in self-discipline, teamwork, and leadership.”
Wisconsin National Team youth range in age from 14 to 19 and are currently enrolled 4-H members in good standing in their county 4-H program. The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation and the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation help to support the Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports program.
About Washington County 4-H:
4-H is a community of young people learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. In Washington County, 4-H programs are implemented by the land grant university and the Cooperative Extension System through the Washington County UW-Extension Office.
Learn more about 4-H at http://washington.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners