Washington County, Wisconsin (June 4, 2014) – Bryce Wentlandt of Jackson and Abby Werner of Germantown have qualified to represent Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports at the National 4-H Invitational Competition, June 24-29, 2014, in Grand Island, Nebraska. This prestigious team selection is the highest honor a 4-H member can receive in 4-H Shooting Sports.
Each year, 4-H Invitational Shooting competitions are offered in several counties across the state where 4-H members compete to qualify for the Wisconsin national team. Wentlandt has qualified for the 2014 team in the compound archery category, and Werner will represent Wisconsin at national in recurve archery. This year’s 25 team members will join more than 400 4-H youth from 40+ states to compete in three days of shooting events at the national competition.
Washington County 4-H has over 250 youth participating in the safety education shooting sports program. According to County 4-H Youth Development Educator Brianna Stapleton Welch, this year’s team members exemplify the goals and values of the Wisconsin 4-H Program:
“Bryce and Abby have worked hard to earn this achievement. Through their participation in the Washington County 4-H Shooting Sports program, they have grown in self-discipline, teamwork, and leadership.”
Wisconsin National Team youth range in age from 14 to 19 and are currently enrolled 4-H members in good standing in their county 4-H program. The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation and the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation help to support the Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports program.
About Washington County 4-H:
4-H is a community of young people learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. In Washington County, 4-H programs are implemented by the land grant university and the Cooperative Extension System through the Washington County UW-Extension Office.
Learn more about 4-H at http://washington.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- 10 Hot Weather Safety Tips For Seniors
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Take Sunday Dinner Pledge To Benefit Meals On Wheels
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities