Northwest Catholic School presents The Wizard of Oz and Celebrates 40 Years of Musicals
Ruby Slippers Fitting for Local School's Ruby Anniversary Musical
(Milwaukee, WI) Northwest Catholic School continues its 40-year musical tradition on May 1-5, 2014 when it presents The Wizard of Oz.
Northwest Catholic is carrying on the tradition that began at St. Bernadette School at 8200 W. Denver Avenue. In 2009, St. Bernadette, St. Catherine of Alexandria (8661 N. 76th Place), and Our Lady of Good Hope (7152 N. 41st St.) schools consolidated and became Northwest Catholic School. The school continues to provide 7th and 8th grade students (as well as some munchkins) a vital outlet for their creative talent.
“Our musicals are an integral part of the history of St. Bernadette and now Northwest Catholic, and have fostered the gifts and talents of students over the past four decades,” said Fr. Gregory Greiten, Pastor, St. Bernadette’s. “Our students, faculty members, parents, friends and parishioners are amazed at the talents that take center stage and shine brightly for everyone to appreciate.”
Pastor Greiten added: “It’s amazing to see our students working so hard to learn their lines and focus their energy into their roles – whether it’s Dorothy, the Wizard, Wicked Witch or a flying monkey. As for our role, we take pride in building strong characters in our diverse urban community and offering students a place to learn and grow both educationally and spiritually.”
Performances will be held: May 1, 7pm; May 2, 7pm; May 3, 6pm (Dinner Show-reservations required); and May 4, 12:30pm at Northwest Catholic School, 8202 W. Denver Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53223.
Tickets are $7 for Adults and $4 for kids under 15 and are available at the door. For more information please contact Margaret Thorn at 414-530-2120 or visit www.facebook.com/40thwizardofoz
Northwest Catholic School exists to serve a diverse urban community through strong academics and service rooted in the Catholic tradition. We form productive citizens who live the message of Jesus Christ. With the faithful support of our tri-parish sponsors: St. Catherine of Alexandria, St. Bernadette, and Our Lady of Good Hope, Northwest Catholic School offers children an extraordinary place to learn.
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Monkey Joe's Germantown Opens Friday, May 6
- Come and see a yarn bomb firsthand on the Old Courthouse Museum grounds!
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Holds Free Bi-Annual Shredding Event to Help Fight Identity Theft
- Come and visit us at the Old Courthouse Museum for Blast Into the Past Family Day