The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board will receive a $24,858 performance award from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development for achieving its Workforce Investment Act program standards and goals. Out of 11 Workforce Development Boards in the state, the WOW Workforce Development Board is one of three entities to receive this award and it is the only board to exceed all U.S. Department of Labor performance standards.
“It is an honor to be recognized by our partners at the state for exceeding our workforce development goals,” says WOW Workforce Development Board President Francisco Sanchez. “Our organization will use the performance award to enhance job training and employment solutions in our tri-county area.”
Workforce Development areas must achieve a minimum of 80% of the negotiated benchmarks for nine performance measure requirements and maintain an aggregate average of 100% for Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth program service measures to qualify for the award.
The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 was enacted to consolidate and better coordinate workforce preparation and development programs into a more unified workforce investment system. DOL funding is distributed in Wisconsin to the Workforce Development Boards for job placement, retention and training programs.
The WOW Workforce Development Board maintains job center operations at the Waukesha County Technical College (892 Main St., Pewaukee), Milwaukee Area Technical College (5555 W. Highland Rd., Mequon) and Moraine Park Technical College (2200 Green Tree Rd., West Bend). In the current program year, the board plans to serve 1,900 eligible adults and dislocated workers and nearly 500 youth with the case management, intensive training and job search assistance needed to attain educational goals, secure meaningful employment and earn higher wages through its programs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Host a Student from Spain!!!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check