Educators at UW-Extension Washington County were recently recognized by their statewide colleagues with two awards, the Wisconsin Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) Team Award and the Diversity/Multi-Cultural Team Award from the Alpha Sigma Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP).
JCEP is a partnership of Extension associations working to promote communication, cooperation and professionalism among all Extension Educators. The JCEP Team Award recognizes multi-disciplinary work within their member associations.
ESP is an association of Extension professionals that maintains the traditions, upholds the ideals, and stimulates the morale of cooperative extension service. The Diversity/Multi-Cultural Team Award acknowledges outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs and/or audiences in our diverse and multicultural society.
Both awards were in recognition of the team of Washington County Educators work with Hispanic clientele in collaboration with Casa Guadalupe Education Center. The 4-H Youth Development, Family Living and SNAP-Ed/WNEP Educators collaborated with Casa on a 7-week educational program for Hispanic youth and parents. While youth participated in a reading program, the adults had 3-weeks of financial education followed by 3-weeks of nutrition education. Additionally, the Community Development Educator facilitated a strategic planning process with Casa’s board. Through one-on-one consultations with farmers, the Agri-business Educator referred individuals to Casa as a valuable resource to address the needs of Hispanic farm workers. These efforts have resulted in a strengthened organization and Educators have increased their capacity in making special outreach efforts to educate traditionally underrepresented people in Washington County.
For additional information, contact Paul Roback 262-335-4480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Children's Community Center Celebrates 40 Years of Community Service
- Category X to perform at BuB's Irish Pub!
- Marching Band Madness is Sept. 19 at Germantown High School
- Annual Punt, Pass, & Kick Contest
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Callen Designer Suggests Modifications That Benefit People of All Ages
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!