On Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 4-H youth form across Wisconsin gathered at the State Capitol in Madison to celebrate 100 years of 4-H in Wisconsin. Freistadt 4-H Friends were there to represent Germantown. They gathered at the Concourse hotel to listen to guest speakers to talk about the benefits of 4-H.
Afterwards, 4-H youth spoke to Wisconsin Representative Pat Strachota about their 4-H involvement. Youth also spoke with Alberta Darling’s aide, who asked, “What could we be doing as a legislature to help?” Youth leader Khia Kurtenbach replied that just being aware of what’s happening with 4-H is enough. Youth also met with lobbyist and former Wisconsin State Representative Bob Welch to learn about civic engagement and careers in government.
The day also included a tour of the Wisconsin State Capitol. Freistadt 4-H Friends meet at the Germantown library at 6:30 P.M. on the 3rd Monday of the month. For more information, call Kristie Kurtenbach, Freistadt Friends General Leader, at 262-643-4289.
Written by Ella Mudge, age 11
Reporter, Freistadt 4-H Friends
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Nature Investigators to Explore County Parks
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Germantown Little League introduces Jaguar Cubs Program
- Germantown High School Advanced Placement Art Exhibit
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Germantown Little League
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Community Volunteer Opportunities