On Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 4-H youth form across Wisconsin gathered at the State Capitol in Madison to celebrate 100 years of 4-H in Wisconsin. Freistadt 4-H Friends were there to represent Germantown. They gathered at the Concourse hotel to listen to guest speakers to talk about the benefits of 4-H.
Afterwards, 4-H youth spoke to Wisconsin Representative Pat Strachota about their 4-H involvement. Youth also spoke with Alberta Darling’s aide, who asked, “What could we be doing as a legislature to help?” Youth leader Khia Kurtenbach replied that just being aware of what’s happening with 4-H is enough. Youth also met with lobbyist and former Wisconsin State Representative Bob Welch to learn about civic engagement and careers in government.
The day also included a tour of the Wisconsin State Capitol. Freistadt 4-H Friends meet at the Germantown library at 6:30 P.M. on the 3rd Monday of the month. For more information, call Kristie Kurtenbach, Freistadt Friends General Leader, at 262-643-4289.
Written by Ella Mudge, age 11
Reporter, Freistadt 4-H Friends
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Earns Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- Shaunti Feldhan to Reveal the Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade