HOPE Network is offering its Edmund Springman Educational Grants to area single mothers pursuing post-high-school education (technical school or college). The money may be used to cover tuition, day-care costs or both.
Four $1,000 grants will be given for the fall 2014 & spring 2015 spring semesters. Applications must be postmarked by April 30.
Applicants must be HOPE Network members, and can submit membership applications (see form on website) when applying for the grant. Applicant must be a single mother of a child under 18 or a single female legal guardian of a minor child. She must reside in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, or Racine Counties. Grant winners will volunteer 10 hours to HOPE Network or a local community organization.
Applicants may print out the application form from HOPE Network’s website and submit with 3 photocopies of everything, as specified on the form. Website is: www.hopenetworkinc.org
HOPE Network is a volunteer-based grass-roots support system providing emotional, educational, and material support to single pregnant women and single mothers and their children in the greater Milwaukee area.
Key programs are: cribs and safe sleep education, 24-page quarterly resource newspaper, scholarships, clothing banks, and family events. HOPE Network was founded in 1982 by Menomonee Falls resident Gail Grenier Sweet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Voter Photo ID A Good Move
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Stephen P. Lodwick Graduates From Universal Technical Institute
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Herker Industries adds David Barta as Vice President of Business Development to its Team
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cross Country Meet a Huge Success!