HOPE Network is offering its Edmund Springman Educational Grants to area single mothers pursuing post-high-school education (technical school or college). The money may be used to cover tuition, day-care costs or both.
Four $1,000 grants will be given for the fall 2014 & spring 2015 spring semesters. Applications must be postmarked by April 30.
Applicants must be HOPE Network members, and can submit membership applications (see form on website) when applying for the grant. Applicant must be a single mother of a child under 18 or a single female legal guardian of a minor child. She must reside in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, or Racine Counties. Grant winners will volunteer 10 hours to HOPE Network or a local community organization.
Applicants may print out the application form from HOPE Network’s website and submit with 3 photocopies of everything, as specified on the form. Website is: www.hopenetworkinc.org
HOPE Network is a volunteer-based grass-roots support system providing emotional, educational, and material support to single pregnant women and single mothers and their children in the greater Milwaukee area.
Key programs are: cribs and safe sleep education, 24-page quarterly resource newspaper, scholarships, clothing banks, and family events. HOPE Network was founded in 1982 by Menomonee Falls resident Gail Grenier Sweet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale