It is that time of year again where voters get to decide who will represent them for the next two years. This is the same time of year when every candidate claims to be a fiscal conservative working tirelessly to maximize every precious tax dollar while decrying, 'vote for me.' There is a way for voters to separate the fallacies from the truth; look at the voting records.
My voting record as a County Board Supervisor, opposing tax increases and wasteful spending, is public record. In Richfield, every year our budget passes unanimously with another tax increase. Worse, our money is not spent well. Our last Village Administrator was paid $136K with salary, benefits and bonuses. The City of Hartford Administrator was paid ~ $100K with a budget 20X larger than Richfield's.
I remember, at County, being told “we must keep growing” as justification for a $300K heated toilet for a park closed in the winter. I am not opposed to growth but looking at the empty storefronts downtown or the duplexes going in behind the abandoned True Value Hardware, it makes me think our current plans to continue development in the 175 corridor are not “Smart Growth”.
No one knows if sewer and water is coming to our Village anymore than if we will build a new fire substation or expand Village Hall. My belief is that if expensive projects are so wonderful, the people paying the bills should be allowed to vote their approval. Our “tax-and-spend conservatives” voted themselves approval authority and refuse to even speak of letting us vote.
On April 1, voters will get to decide if they want my track record of conservative values or to keep the status quo.
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016