It is that time of year again where voters get to decide who will represent them for the next two years. This is the same time of year when every candidate claims to be a fiscal conservative working tirelessly to maximize every precious tax dollar while decrying, 'vote for me.' There is a way for voters to separate the fallacies from the truth; look at the voting records.
My voting record as a County Board Supervisor, opposing tax increases and wasteful spending, is public record. In Richfield, every year our budget passes unanimously with another tax increase. Worse, our money is not spent well. Our last Village Administrator was paid $136K with salary, benefits and bonuses. The City of Hartford Administrator was paid ~ $100K with a budget 20X larger than Richfield's.
I remember, at County, being told “we must keep growing” as justification for a $300K heated toilet for a park closed in the winter. I am not opposed to growth but looking at the empty storefronts downtown or the duplexes going in behind the abandoned True Value Hardware, it makes me think our current plans to continue development in the 175 corridor are not “Smart Growth”.
No one knows if sewer and water is coming to our Village anymore than if we will build a new fire substation or expand Village Hall. My belief is that if expensive projects are so wonderful, the people paying the bills should be allowed to vote their approval. Our “tax-and-spend conservatives” voted themselves approval authority and refuse to even speak of letting us vote.
On April 1, voters will get to decide if they want my track record of conservative values or to keep the status quo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Host a Student from Spain!!!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check