In its second competitive season, Hamilton High School’s Synergy Show Choir invites the community to see strides it has made this season. Its last show of the year begins at 7 p.m. March 10 in the Hamilton Fine Arts Center. The Concert Choir and A Cappella Choir will also perform along with various solos and small ensembles showcasing music of their upcoming Solo and Ensemble competition. Admission to the concert is free, and all are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Synergy’s music comes from several popular music artists and consists of “Live While We’re Young,” “Unwritten,” “Fix You,” “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “Edge of Glory.” The show choir put its competitive set together in July with choreographers Jordan Kalis and Tony Cortez. Since then, students have been working to clean choreography, perfect vocals and energize the show – with great success.
• Synergy competed in January at Burlington High School’s “Chocolate City Showcase,” taking first place in the Class A Division.
• Two weeks later, they competed at Milton High School’s “Choralation Invitation,” bringing home a second place trophy in Class A and the Spirit Award, given to the group with the most enthusiasm, positivity, energy and excitement in the audience. Freshman Gabrielle Lockwood was awarded best female soloist from a field of more 50 students. She received a scholarship worth more than $800 for the Show Choir Camps of America.
• Its final competition was Feb. 22 at Brodhead High School’s “In the Spotlight” Showcase. Synergy again brought home a second place trophy, and gave its best performance of the season.
“It’s been a great year,” Hamilton Choir Director Marilyn Mascitti said. “We had some bumps along the way, but I was impressed with how the group developed over the year and stepped up to the challenges faced in competition. It makes me excited to see where we’re headed next year.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Children's Community Center Celebrates 40 Years of Community Service
- Category X to perform at BuB's Irish Pub!
- Marching Band Madness is Sept. 19 at Germantown High School
- Annual Punt, Pass, & Kick Contest
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive