Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned fourth place in its conference Feb. 15 at the Greater Metro Conference (GMC) Tournament.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were medal winners:
•Erin Magoon, first place in Four-Minute Informative;
•Ila Avinash, second place in Moments in History;
•Samantha Moore, second place in Solo Humorous;
•Allison Bitz, second place in Original Oratory;
•Alexandra Detweiler, second place in Farrago;
•Danielle Kallis, second place in Special Occasion;
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose; and
•Kavya Ayalasomayajula, third place in Special Occasion.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Business's Continued Growth
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Children's Community Center Celebrates 40 Years of Community Service
- Category X to perform at BuB's Irish Pub!
- Marching Band Madness is Sept. 19 at Germantown High School
- Annual Punt, Pass, & Kick Contest