Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned fourth place in its conference Feb. 15 at the Greater Metro Conference (GMC) Tournament.
The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members. The following students were medal winners:
•Erin Magoon, first place in Four-Minute Informative;
•Ila Avinash, second place in Moments in History;
•Samantha Moore, second place in Solo Humorous;
•Allison Bitz, second place in Original Oratory;
•Alexandra Detweiler, second place in Farrago;
•Danielle Kallis, second place in Special Occasion;
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose; and
•Kavya Ayalasomayajula, third place in Special Occasion.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the high school forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sussex Lioness, Lions Clubs “Stuff the Bus” for kids
- Vintage Baseball Game & Car Show
- Esprit Poms & Dance Teams are Busy, and Growing!
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- Lobsterfest 2014
- Waterstone Mortgage Named 2014 Fastest Growing Firm by Milwaukee Business Journal