On Sunday, February 9th, residents of Washington County gathered at Washington County Fair Park for the annual Celebrate Families event. Members of Freistadt 4-H Friends volunteered to help in areas such as face painting, hands-on activities, the petting zoo, the food stand and the archery range. The club members are volunteering their time in an effort to volunteer 100 hours of service to celebrate 100 years of 4-H in Wisconsin.
Khia Kurtenbach, age 17, and member of Freistadt 4-H Friends says, “4-H is about bettering our communities, this is the 100th birthday of 4-H in Wisconsin, what better way to celebrate a birthday than to give back.” Freistadt Friends is also volunteering in the Menomonee Falls MS walk, the Germantown adopt-a-park program, bell ringing for the Salvation Army, and the Germantown Easter Egg Hunt as well as the Germantown Christmas and July 4th parades.
Kurtenbach adds, “4-H has always been about teaching life skills. Lessons and activities are constantly adapted to teach members to develop leadership skills. 4-H will always be about learning and doing.”
Freistadt 4-H Friends meet at the Germantown library at 6:30 P.M. on the 3rd Monday of the month. For more information, call Kristie Kurtenbach, Freistadt Friends General Leader, at 262-643-4289.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant requests - applications due April 7!
- Summer Exterior Painting
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Hamilton seniors named scholarship winners
- Synergy Show Choir to perform final concert March 10
- HABC offers Charger spirit wear online
- Hamilton decides to put prize money to use