Hamilton High School art students earned five awards in the 2014 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Laura Eichsteadt, Gold Key for senior photography portfolio;
•Rebecca Hang, Gold Key for painting;
•Rachel Klibowitz, Silver Key for printmaking;
•Emily Bader, Honorable Mention for drawing; and
•Chloe Simchick, Honorable Mention for drawing.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 8 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 1 - March 16 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
Gallery Talks with award-winning students, teachers and exhibition coordinator Helena Ehlke will be held Feb. 15 and March 9 at 1:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Voter Photo ID A Good Move
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Stephen P. Lodwick Graduates From Universal Technical Institute
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Herker Industries adds David Barta as Vice President of Business Development to its Team
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cross Country Meet a Huge Success!