Modern Equipment of Port Washington announces the hiring of three new employees for their growing business with On-the-Job-Training assistance from the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board.
OJT reimburses employers who hire eligible job seekers that require additional training. The length of training and wage reimbursement are based on job complexity and the amount of training that an individual needs in order to be proficient in the position. OJT is made possible with support from the Workforce Investment Act and the U.S. Department of Labor.
WOW Workforce Development Board President says, “On-The-Job-Training is a wonderful tool that helps address industry demands for skilled job seekers. We are pleased to partner with Modern Equipment on the training of their new staff.”
Modern Equipment Company, Inc., is a subsidiary of ALCO Industries. Modern Equipment has been in business since 1919 and manufactures aluminum melting furnaces, ladles and molten handling systems, cupolas, inert gas generators and custom ASME pressure vessels. Modern Equipment also provides subcontract fabrication and machining services for large fabrications and welded parts regionally.
The Ozaukee Workforce Development Center is located at the Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. For more information about OJT, please call the Center at (262) 238-2880.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Get Your Home’s Green On
- Discover the Flora of Menomonee Park May 13
- Woodland Flora Walk at Menomonee Park
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014