Forbes Magazine named the Hamilton School District to its “Best Schools For Your Housing Buck” in its most recent online edition. Hamilton was ranked No. 13 on the national list of communities with the best high-performing public school districts with affordable housing.
The other Wisconsin school districts on the Top 20 list nationwide were Mequon-Thiensville (#3), Cedarburg (#6), Elmbrook (#16) and Whitefish Bay (#17).
To rate the school districts, Forbes started with a comprehensive database of K-12 school districts and screened for communities where the median home price was less than double the national median of $174,000.
This national ranking is among several that Hamilton schools have earned in the past year including:
•Hamilton was one of only two K-12 school districts in Wisconsin that earned the top “significantly exceeds expectations” rating in the second annual School Report Card released by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
•Newsweek Magazine named Hamilton to “America’s Best High Schools” list for two consecutive years.
•The Washington Post included Hamilton on its “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
“This type of recognition is testimony to the dedication, commitment and exemplary practice of our staff working collaboratively with our supportive parents and community to meet the needs of students,” noted Hamilton Superintendent Kathleen Cooke, Ph.D.
“Our strategic plan has guided our work and ensured that student achievement has been our sustained focus,” Cooke said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Get Your Home’s Green On
- Discover the Flora of Menomonee Park May 13
- Woodland Flora Walk at Menomonee Park
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014