Forbes Magazine named the Hamilton School District to its “Best Schools For Your Housing Buck” in its most recent online edition. Hamilton was ranked No. 13 on the national list of communities with the best high-performing public school districts with affordable housing.
The other Wisconsin school districts on the Top 20 list nationwide were Mequon-Thiensville (#3), Cedarburg (#6), Elmbrook (#16) and Whitefish Bay (#17).
To rate the school districts, Forbes started with a comprehensive database of K-12 school districts and screened for communities where the median home price was less than double the national median of $174,000.
This national ranking is among several that Hamilton schools have earned in the past year including:
•Hamilton was one of only two K-12 school districts in Wisconsin that earned the top “significantly exceeds expectations” rating in the second annual School Report Card released by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
•Newsweek Magazine named Hamilton to “America’s Best High Schools” list for two consecutive years.
•The Washington Post included Hamilton on its “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
“This type of recognition is testimony to the dedication, commitment and exemplary practice of our staff working collaboratively with our supportive parents and community to meet the needs of students,” noted Hamilton Superintendent Kathleen Cooke, Ph.D.
“Our strategic plan has guided our work and ensured that student achievement has been our sustained focus,” Cooke said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown 7th Grade Hawks Win the Oconomowoc Tournament Championship
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- UW MadHatters to Perform at Wauwatosa West
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards
- GHS Students Experience Wisconsin Politics Firsthand
- IN THE BUSINESS OF SAVING MONEY