Forbes Magazine named the Hamilton School District to its “Best Schools For Your Housing Buck” in its most recent online edition. Hamilton was ranked No. 13 on the national list of communities with the best high-performing public school districts with affordable housing.
The other Wisconsin school districts on the Top 20 list nationwide were Mequon-Thiensville (#3), Cedarburg (#6), Elmbrook (#16) and Whitefish Bay (#17).
To rate the school districts, Forbes started with a comprehensive database of K-12 school districts and screened for communities where the median home price was less than double the national median of $174,000.
This national ranking is among several that Hamilton schools have earned in the past year including:
•Hamilton was one of only two K-12 school districts in Wisconsin that earned the top “significantly exceeds expectations” rating in the second annual School Report Card released by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
•Newsweek Magazine named Hamilton to “America’s Best High Schools” list for two consecutive years.
•The Washington Post included Hamilton on its “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
“This type of recognition is testimony to the dedication, commitment and exemplary practice of our staff working collaboratively with our supportive parents and community to meet the needs of students,” noted Hamilton Superintendent Kathleen Cooke, Ph.D.
“Our strategic plan has guided our work and ensured that student achievement has been our sustained focus,” Cooke said.
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016