As yellow school buses prepare to hit roadways this fall, one GO Riteway bus will remain parked – at least for two days! The Germantown-based bus company is parking one of its buses at a local retail store so that residents can literally stuff it – with pens, pencils, paper, notebooks and backpacks to help families in need.
What: GO Riteway Stuff the Bus drive
Where: Germantown Wal-Mart parking lot
W190N9855 Appleton Ave.
When: Friday, Aug. 16 from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This follows a mid-July push when GO Riteway buses were parked at both First Bank and BMO Harris Bank in Germantown, with school supply donations collected inside the banks.
“Our drivers get to know the young people they take to and from school each day. They very much care about them,” said Wendy Bast, GO Riteway development director. “That’s why our team members are volunteering their time to support our neighbors who need an extra helping hand. As a mom, I know how expensive school supplies can be.”
A Back 2 School Fair will be held in August thanks to the efforts of community partners who joined forces to help children in need throughout Washington County. Families were confidentially identified and invited to participate in the Fair. All donated school supplies will be distributed at that time.
About GO Riteway
GO Riteway’s origin as a premier ground transportation company began 55 years ago when the Bast Family founded Riteway Bus Service, Inc. With three generations of family members at the lead, it continued to expand and provide dependable and safe transportation for business travelers, tourists, students and local residents. It operates out of twelve locations in Wisconsin with a fleet that includes school buses, motor coaches, shuttle coaches, limo coaches, limousines, executive sedans and vans. GO Riteway is the official transportation provider of the Milwaukee Bucks, and is known for its green technology, receiving 14 green awards and certifications since 2009.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- A big "Thank You" from the Griebel family
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS