As yellow school buses prepare to hit roadways this fall, one GO Riteway bus will remain parked – at least for two days! The Germantown-based bus company is parking one of its buses at a local retail store so that residents can literally stuff it – with pens, pencils, paper, notebooks and backpacks to help families in need.
What: GO Riteway Stuff the Bus drive
Where: Germantown Wal-Mart parking lot
W190N9855 Appleton Ave.
When: Friday, Aug. 16 from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This follows a mid-July push when GO Riteway buses were parked at both First Bank and BMO Harris Bank in Germantown, with school supply donations collected inside the banks.
“Our drivers get to know the young people they take to and from school each day. They very much care about them,” said Wendy Bast, GO Riteway development director. “That’s why our team members are volunteering their time to support our neighbors who need an extra helping hand. As a mom, I know how expensive school supplies can be.”
A Back 2 School Fair will be held in August thanks to the efforts of community partners who joined forces to help children in need throughout Washington County. Families were confidentially identified and invited to participate in the Fair. All donated school supplies will be distributed at that time.
About GO Riteway
GO Riteway’s origin as a premier ground transportation company began 55 years ago when the Bast Family founded Riteway Bus Service, Inc. With three generations of family members at the lead, it continued to expand and provide dependable and safe transportation for business travelers, tourists, students and local residents. It operates out of twelve locations in Wisconsin with a fleet that includes school buses, motor coaches, shuttle coaches, limo coaches, limousines, executive sedans and vans. GO Riteway is the official transportation provider of the Milwaukee Bucks, and is known for its green technology, receiving 14 green awards and certifications since 2009.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- 10 Hot Weather Safety Tips For Seniors
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Take Sunday Dinner Pledge To Benefit Meals On Wheels
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities