During the festival, which is free and open to the public, students will perform vocal and instrumental solos, duets, trios and small ensembles before an adjudicator. Students from high schools in Cedarburg, Grafton, Port Washington, West Bend and Germantown will participate. James Barnes, band director of Germantown High School, will serve as the festival manager.
“WSMA enjoys a long tradition of providing quality music education experiences to more than 220,000 students annually, giving them the opportunity to enrich their musical abilities as they perform and receive feedback from qualified adjudicators and as they observe and listen to the performances of their peers,” said WSMA Executive Director Timothy Schaid.
WSMA music festivals support school music programs as part of a comprehensive education by encouraging the study of quality music literature, motivating students to prepare and perform to the best of their abilities, improving students’ understanding of music literature and concepts, and providing a performance assessment to improve individual and group achievement. For more information, go to www.wsmamusic.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser