The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Cassandra Stecker-Janssen of Germantown performs with the mixed choir. She attends Pius XI High School.
Zachariah Schickert, a student at Germantown High School, performs with the band on trombone.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Booster and Car Seat Safety Check
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic
- Maple Avenue fifth-graders donate to Tricia’s Troops
- Templeton students earn State Honors
- Hamilton student named Academic All-Star
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How to Spot and Avoid a Remodeling Scam
- Better Business Bureau Selects Anchor Moving Systems for Office Relocation