The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Cassandra Stecker-Janssen of Germantown performs with the mixed choir. She attends Pius XI High School.
Zachariah Schickert, a student at Germantown High School, performs with the band on trombone.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Get Your Home’s Green On
- Discover the Flora of Menomonee Park May 13
- Woodland Flora Walk at Menomonee Park
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014