The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Cassandra Stecker-Janssen of Germantown performs with the mixed choir. She attends Pius XI High School.
Zachariah Schickert, a student at Germantown High School, performs with the band on trombone.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016