GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Bank Financial Centre Hosting “Holi-Days of Giving”
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- YOGA at Anytime Fitness Menomonee Falls
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Earns Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- Shaunti Feldhan to Reveal the Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter