GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Hamilton seniors named scholarship winners
- Synergy Show Choir to perform final concert March 10
- HABC offers Charger spirit wear online
- Hamilton decides to put prize money to use
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed