GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016