GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant applications
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities