GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Voter Photo ID A Good Move
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Stephen P. Lodwick Graduates From Universal Technical Institute
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Herker Industries adds David Barta as Vice President of Business Development to its Team
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cross Country Meet a Huge Success!