GERMANTOWN – The Gustavus Wind Orchestra from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., will present a free concert on Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Germantown High School auxiliary gym.
Conducted by Dr. Douglas Nimmo, the wind orchestra is on a nine-day concert tour to selected cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The wind orchestra’s concert program includes music that is familiar and contemporary, yet challenging and provocative. The program includes works by renowned American composers Aaron Copland, Percy Grainger and John Philip Sousa, as well as contemporary compositions by David Holsinger, Jack Stamp and David Gillingham.
The event is open to the public and tickets are not required. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray expenses for the ensemble’s visit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive
- Hamilton announces September students of the month