I am a resident of Germantown and was encouraged to see that I had a choice in candidates for District 24 in the State Assembly. I always vote and consider it a privilege and a civic responsibility. I research the candidates and take each election seriously. Shan Haqqi is the candidate I chose to vote for in the 24th State Assembly race. I had the opportunity to meet Shan Haqqi and he struck me as a candidate with a strong sense of community and family and outstanding experience in finance and working to improve economic conditions for individuals and communities. Shan was clear in articulating what it takes to generate good jobs. Shan worked as the Special Assistant to the Mayor of Houston. He succeeded in bringing high-tech jobs to the Houston area through strong negotiation skills and an understanding of how we are all impacted by a global economy. Shan also worked to revitalize communities with real estate development projects binging jobs to these neighborhoods. We could use this expertise in Germantown, the 24th District and the state of Wisconsin. Wisconsin continues to lag in creating jobs and experience like Shan’s is essential to grow our economy.
Shan continues to serve the economic needs of families and companies. He is President and CEO of S&L Global Consulting. This is a financial planning company that helps Wisconsin families budget, save and invest for the future. He is able to balance the challenging financial demands of our times with a clear focus on what it takes for us to succeed in the future.
After reading about Shan, reading the history and legal issues of his opponent and meeting Shan on two occasions (one being the recent debate in Mequon) I believe that Shan is clearly the best candidate for the job. I hope you will take the time to read about each candidate and consider the future of our state and our district. Please vote for Shan Haqqi on November 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GO Riteway Kicks Off School Bus Safety Week - October 19th
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- HYMNS TRIUMPHANT, to be held October 17th at Holy Cross
- Concordia University Presents "Faces of Depression" Art Exhibit
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Kesslers Diamonds Opens Oct. 2 in Downtown Milwaukee
- Germantown High School Powder Puff 2015
- IT'S THIS SUNDAY - September 27th - BD Fall Community Rummage Sale
- Let's Dance Masquerade Fundraiser, Oct. 31
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!