The Hamilton Education Foundation presented 12 Hamilton School District staff members with awards at the Aug. 29 Back-to-School Breakfast. Four teachers were presented with A Class Act tributes, another seven teachers were awarded New Horizons Grants and one support staff member received the ROSS award.
A Class Act Tributes salute teachers for meritorious performance in the classroom who are outstanding role models in “enhancing our children’s futures.” These awards went to (from left): Templeton Middle School teachers Kerri Warsh, Kristy Laurich, Erin Maslowski and Judy Schatz.
New Horizons grants will fund a total of about $5,000 unique and innovative projects as requested by Hamilton teachers to enrich or supplement teaching efforts and learning activities that directly benefit students. Each New Horizon Grant offers up to $750 to help implement new ideas into the class curriculum beyond those supported by budgeted school funds. Since its inception in 1991, the Hamilton Education Foundation has awarded nearly $150,000 in New Horizons Grants to more than 322 teachers for projects which have benefitted more than 43,000 students in the elementary, middle and high schools. The following teachers were awarded 2012-13 New Horizons grants: (from left front row) Marcy Elementary School teachers Caryn Deeken, Amanda Norris and Kaye Hunt, Templeton Middle School teachers Lisa Schmeling, Mary Caucutt and Tina Hill, (back row) Marcy Elementary teachers Pam Biron, Bridget Matthiesen,
Willow Springs Learning Center teacher Rheann Fegley, Templeton teachers Kristin Hill, Angela Weber, Marie Kramer, Jennifer Callan and Erin Maslowski.
Recognition of Support Staff (ROSS) tributes are presented to district support staff members who are committed and dedicated to a positive and professional environment in Hamilton schools. This award went to Woodside paraprofessional Karin Burleson pictured with Hamilton Education Foundation trustees Jackie Rottler, left and Peggy Youngblood.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- 10 Hot Weather Safety Tips For Seniors
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Take Sunday Dinner Pledge To Benefit Meals On Wheels
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities