The Germantown Community Scholarship Fund (GCSF) is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the annual Senior Scholarship Awards Night on Wednesday May 23rd, 7 p.m. at Germantown High School. Students will be presented with GCSF Scholarships, other community and organization funded scholarships, and post-secondary education scholarships.
This year GCSF will award 79 scholarships totaling $102,500. Financial support from the community enables GCSF to award many of these scholarships. Included in the 2012 portfolio of awards are four new scholarships: American Legion Auxiliary Unit 321, Hampel Corporation, Metals USA, and Willis Corporation.
Additionally, GCSF is honored to administer the awarding of Memorial Scholarships. Included in the 2012 awards are two new Scholarships: Brent Reiter Memorial and Patrick Dennis Cornell Memorial.
While the Fund’s focus is on student scholarships, GCSF recognizes the important role teacher’s play in the success of our students. The GCSF annually provides Germantown teachers the opportunity to apply for grants of up to $500 for classroom enrichment. The GCSF is honored to have been named the recipient of a $2,000 Walmart Foundation grant to be used specifically to fund these awards. Five Teacher Grant Awards will be presented this year to local elementary, middle and high school teachers.
Please join us in celebrating the achievements of the talented students of the Class of 2012. Detailed information and photos will be available on the GCSF’s Web site at www.germantownscholarship.org following Senior Scholarship Awards Night.
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Come and see a yarn bomb firsthand on the Old Courthouse Museum grounds!
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Holds Free Bi-Annual Shredding Event to Help Fight Identity Theft
- Come and visit us at the Old Courthouse Museum for Blast Into the Past Family Day
- Darling Applauds Germantown High School Anti-Drunk Driving Program