After nail-biting competition, Templeton Middle School produced its school champion from the top eight finalists in its Geographic Bee. Eighth-grader Taylor Beimborn emerged as the 2012 school champion after rounds of intense questions, up against seven other school finalists. The other finalists were Jonathon Liedtke, Dominic Pino, Ryan Adrian, Connor Engel, Alex Menzia, Andrew O’Neill and Kaitlyn Pilo. Liedtke took second place, and Pino took third place.
All Templeton students participated in a preliminary round by taking a 25-question written test. Students who scored highest on that test advanced to the semi-final round which was held Jan. 9. The eight finalists took part in the Jan. 11 final round.
As the school champion, Beimborn took a written test to qualify for state level competition. Up to 100 of the top scorers in each state will be eligible to compete March 30 in state level National Geographic Bee events. The winner of each state bee will travel to Washington, D.C., in May to participate in the national event.
Photo identification: From left, (front) Andrew O’Neill, Alex Menzia, Ryan Adrian, Connor Engel, (back) Jonathon Liedtke, Taylor Beimborn, Kaitlyn Pilo, Dominic Pino
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- A big "Thank You" from the Griebel family
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS