Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Horticulture Club will hold a holiday plant sale from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, Dec. 6-8, and Tuesday, Dec. 13, in the lobby at the Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road.
Priced from $3-$10, all plants were grown in the Mequon Campus greenhouse. The selection includes red, pink, cream and marbled red poinsettias; Christmas cactuses; herb pots; and coleus plants in a variety of colors. Proceeds will be used to send MATC landscape horticulture students to a Green Industry Student Career Conference at Kansas State University.
For more information, call (262) 238-2332.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to
complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC
graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Daylily Plant Sale
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Aurora Hosts First Lombardi Walk to Tackle Cancer - Saturday, June 4
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Nature Investigators to Explore County Parks
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum