Power Test donates technical tools to Hamilton
Power Test, a Sussex manufacturer of dynamometers and control systems, donated 60 new dial calipers to the Hamilton School District for use in its applied engineering and technology classes.
Half of the calipers will be used in the “Gateway to Technology” class at Templeton Middle School where students will use them in a unit on measurement and apply them to their designs created in the computer-aided design program Autodesk Inventor. The other 30 calipers will go to Hamilton High School where students in a manufacturing course will use them to learn about measurement, tolerancing and quality control.
Along with the caliper donation, Power Test provided the district with two sets of 0-3 inch micrometers which will allow students to measure the manufactured parts with a high degree of precision. The donations are valued at more than $1,000.
“We are very fortunate to have such a generous and cooperative partnership with PowerTest,” said Hamilton teacher Brian Steingraber.
Instruction in precision measurement was limited in the past because the district had only four calipers. With the donation, an entire class is able to use the calipers while studying and applying measurement concepts. Steingraber, an applied engineering and technology teacher, finds the instruments valuable because they provide authentic experiences for students.
“Support such as this is what will take Hamilton to the next level in preparing our students for the workplace,” Steingraber said.
Power Test has been a valuable partner to the district and has helped staff members develop curriculum to match modern industrial needs. In addition, Power Test has facilitated company tours for students, participated in the district’s Project Lead the Way Community Partnership Team, employed students in work-study programs and served on the district’s Business Advisory Council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Host a Student from Spain!!!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check