Power Test donates technical tools to Hamilton
Power Test, a Sussex manufacturer of dynamometers and control systems, donated 60 new dial calipers to the Hamilton School District for use in its applied engineering and technology classes.
Half of the calipers will be used in the “Gateway to Technology” class at Templeton Middle School where students will use them in a unit on measurement and apply them to their designs created in the computer-aided design program Autodesk Inventor. The other 30 calipers will go to Hamilton High School where students in a manufacturing course will use them to learn about measurement, tolerancing and quality control.
Along with the caliper donation, Power Test provided the district with two sets of 0-3 inch micrometers which will allow students to measure the manufactured parts with a high degree of precision. The donations are valued at more than $1,000.
“We are very fortunate to have such a generous and cooperative partnership with PowerTest,” said Hamilton teacher Brian Steingraber.
Instruction in precision measurement was limited in the past because the district had only four calipers. With the donation, an entire class is able to use the calipers while studying and applying measurement concepts. Steingraber, an applied engineering and technology teacher, finds the instruments valuable because they provide authentic experiences for students.
“Support such as this is what will take Hamilton to the next level in preparing our students for the workplace,” Steingraber said.
Power Test has been a valuable partner to the district and has helped staff members develop curriculum to match modern industrial needs. In addition, Power Test has facilitated company tours for students, participated in the district’s Project Lead the Way Community Partnership Team, employed students in work-study programs and served on the district’s Business Advisory Council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Children's Community Center Celebrates 40 Years of Community Service
- Category X to perform at BuB's Irish Pub!
- Marching Band Madness is Sept. 19 at Germantown High School
- Annual Punt, Pass, & Kick Contest
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive