Concession sales and donations from Fall Ball to help organization
Bigler Sports presented a “big check” for $1625.00 to Bi-County Special Olympics on Tuesday, November 1st at Classic Lanes in Menomenee Falls.
The money was raised at the concessions stands during Bigler Fall Ball Leagues between August and September of this year. Bi-County Special Olympics helped staff the concessions booths at several Fall Ball fields during the games. Net proceeds from concession sales, paid staffing and donations were given back to the organization.
Special Olympics Bi-County Agency Director Rita Stelpflug said, “It was truly a pleasure for the volunteers of Bi-County Special Olympics to work with Bigler Fall Ball. We all had a great time! We truly appreciate the fact that Bigler allowed us to work with them in raising funds for our Special Olympic athletes. It was a Win-Win situation and we would definitely do it again with this great group of people. We’ll use the check to start a flag football team."
Bigler Sports features four sports divisions; Baseball, Basketball, Football and Girls Fast Pitch. Bigler Baseball, the first division, was founded in 2006 with one very important and basic purpose: Help athletes of all ages achieve the highest level of performance they are capable of.
Bigler camps, coaches’ clinics and individual coaching sessions are ongoing throughout the year. They also feature Fall Ball baseball leagues. More information can be found online at www.biglersports.com, or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bigler-Sports/199063243469561 and Twitter at: www.twitter.com/biglersports.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sussex Lioness, Lions Clubs “Stuff the Bus” for kids
- Vintage Baseball Game & Car Show
- Esprit Poms & Dance Teams are Busy, and Growing!
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money