On September 24, 2011 Girl Scout troop 2458 from Rockfield School in Germantown toured the new and fantastic Scrumptious Delights bakery. Each girl had a chance to make a cake pop and come up with their own cupcake that would be featured in the bakery. Cake pops are a very modern tasty treat that is popping up all over. Cake pops are made with cake and it is put on a stick. It is both fun to make and tasty! Scrumptious Delights sells them at their bakery $1.50 for yellow or chocolate and $2.00 for the gourmet pops.
Earlier this year leader Carrie Andresek asked Kelly Wilson and Vicki Carl if her troop could tour the new bakery located at W156 N11074 Pilgrim Road in Germantown. Carl and Wilson happily agreed to the tour and their employee Cassidy Tyrpak joyfully joined in.
The owners decided it would be educational to ask each girl to create a cupcake. They asked the troop to include all the ingredients and illustrate it on paper. Then Carl and Wilson would judge the cupcake that fit into the bakery. Carl and Wilson were blown away by the amazing creations the girls came up with.
“It was honestly hard to decide on just one cupcake, everyone was a winner,” remarked Carl and Wilson.
We had so many great ideas presented to us, cotton candy cupcake(Jasmine), lemon lime cupcake(Emily), kiwi strawberry cupcake with caramel (Megan), apple streusel cupcake (Libby), candy corn cupcake (Nina), a cupcake inspired for the fight against breast cancer made out of raspberry (Sara) and vanilla with red velvet (Kim).
The cupcake that Scrumptious Delights thought fit best with our current menu was the strawberry sundae cupcake. Right now the bakery has its famous hot fudge sundae cupcake but no one ever thought about a strawberry sundae. The Girl Scout that came up with this wonderful addition to our menu is Cassie Diaz from Rockfield School in Germantown.
We would like to thank Troop 2458 for visiting us at the bakery and inspiring new flavors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- Wisconsin nominees named in WELCOA’s national Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals
- Germantown 7th Grade Hawks Win the Oconomowoc Tournament Championship
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- UW MadHatters to Perform at Wauwatosa West
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards