Up to 47,700 women are being diagnosed every year, equal to 130 a day. That is double the number 30 years ago. One in eight women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and the rate is rising as alarming figures show.
Not only does cancer take lives, it also leaves husbands without wives, children without mothers, and parents without daughters. For those who survive, day-to-day activities become almost unbearable due to the pain associated with Cancer.
Debbie Czapiewski was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer in April of 2005. She had treatment for a year and was in remission for about three years. Debbie’s cancer came back in July 2009. It settled in the brain, liver, and bones which is a stage IV cancer. She has been in treatment ever since. When she was very young her right leg had to be amputated due to medical procedure but, with the love of God, family and friends and her she became a strong survivor.
Debbie is married and has a son; they have been residents of Menomonee Falls for over 30 years.
When Debbie was diagnosed with cancer, she was paralyzed with fear. Through her medical treatments she continues to maintain her family life. Although, we know that medical costs are very high, even with health insurance. Financially, it is very difficult for Debbie and her husband to meet these costs. The burden on their finances is overwhelming because her treatments.
A fundraising event, in partnership with Blida’s Friess Lake Pub 4493 State Hwy 167
Hubertus, WI, will be held Sunday, July 17, 2011, 11:30 am - 7 pm.
This event will have a silent auction, prizes, music, food and a great community all in support of Debbie. With the help of generous donations from the Menomonee Falls community and businesses, we hope to provide support for Debbie to aid in meeting these costs.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating to Debbie's Day, please contact Lisa Mackey at 262-408-0790 or Alisa Novak 414-916-9133.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Germantown Resident Margaret Mucha named to Regulatory Affairs Professional Society
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief