Up to 47,700 women are being diagnosed every year, equal to 130 a day. That is double the number 30 years ago. One in eight women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and the rate is rising as alarming figures show.
Not only does cancer take lives, it also leaves husbands without wives, children without mothers, and parents without daughters. For those who survive, day-to-day activities become almost unbearable due to the pain associated with Cancer.
Debbie Czapiewski was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer in April of 2005. She had treatment for a year and was in remission for about three years. Debbie’s cancer came back in July 2009. It settled in the brain, liver, and bones which is a stage IV cancer. She has been in treatment ever since. When she was very young her right leg had to be amputated due to medical procedure but, with the love of God, family and friends and her she became a strong survivor.
Debbie is married and has a son; they have been residents of Menomonee Falls for over 30 years.
When Debbie was diagnosed with cancer, she was paralyzed with fear. Through her medical treatments she continues to maintain her family life. Although, we know that medical costs are very high, even with health insurance. Financially, it is very difficult for Debbie and her husband to meet these costs. The burden on their finances is overwhelming because her treatments.
A fundraising event, in partnership with Blida’s Friess Lake Pub 4493 State Hwy 167
Hubertus, WI, will be held Sunday, July 17, 2011, 11:30 am - 7 pm.
This event will have a silent auction, prizes, music, food and a great community all in support of Debbie. With the help of generous donations from the Menomonee Falls community and businesses, we hope to provide support for Debbie to aid in meeting these costs.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating to Debbie's Day, please contact Lisa Mackey at 262-408-0790 or Alisa Novak 414-916-9133.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Germantown High School Recognizes the October Students of the Month
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World