Scrumptious Delights a modern gourmet bakery opened its doors on June 1st, 2011 in the Pilgrim Plaza located at W156 N11074 Pilgrim Road (NORTH SIDE) in Germantown next to the Flower Source. They are open Tuesday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday until 6:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 – 1:00 p.m. “The reception has been fantastic, we have customers come from Germantown, Milwaukee, Brookfield, Hartford, West Bend, Mequon, and even a few out of state guests,” remarks Vicki Carl(co-owner).
“Consumers are hungry for something local and new in bakery,” said Kelly Wilson (co-owner) of Scrumptious Delights. I cannot tell you how many people come in and comment on how cute it is inside and how nice it is to have something new open up in the area. They also love the number of choices they have they can take 1, 4, 6, 12 cupcakes all gourmet several different flavors, petit bakery, sheet cakes, fondant cakes, cake pops, gourmet whoopie pies, butter horns, pecan rolls, muffins, scones, personal pies you name it.
“Smaller portions, local, fresh, and simple gourmet flavors, and a high quality product is our niche,” comments Vicki Carl owner of Scrumptious Delights. The Food Channel supports the women’s vision. The articles top ten lists include: number #6 Small is the new food business, like the article Scrumptious Delights is not food styled or machine produced every ingredient in our cupcakes and other bakery products is real.
Scrumptious Delights supports the trends of listed in this article #3 To Buy Local this new innovative business brings gourmet desserts to the table. Finally, #7 Fresh Everyday this trend indicates consumers going back to quality and buying from local small business, “People will be returning to the neighborhood butcher shop to pick up fresh meats and grabbing their specialty breads and pastries at the corner bakery or bakery-café, and shopping on nearly an everyday basis for the evening meal.”
(Top Ten Food Trends for 2011)http://www.foodchannel.com/articles/article/top-ten-food-trends-2011/
Kelly and Vicki the owners of Scrumptious Delights are local, live in Germantown, their kids attend Germantown schools and their husbands both have small local businesses. Call us at 262-997-9383, FaceBook us at Scrumptious Delights of Germantown, Twitter us at SE8080 or just stop in.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Earns Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- Shaunti Feldhan to Reveal the Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade