Grab your popcorn and favorite movie candy; it’s time for church.
On Sunday, April 3, 2011, Life Church launches their new “West Campus” at the largest movie theater of its kind in Wisconsin, the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Brookfield. Services will be held weekly at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays, in the three-story tall Ultra-Screen auditorium.
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Life Church is the first church in the Milwaukee area to open a campus in a movie theater on such a large scale.
About a thousand people currently attend services at Life Church’s Germantown location. Expanding will not only allow them to reach a broader audience, but also make going to church more convenient for the members who already live in Milwaukee’s western suburbs.
“We are leveraging our technology to localize our church. Opening this second campus makes us more accessible to the 46,000 households located within a five-mile radius of the West Campus location,” said Life Church senior pastor, Aaron Cole.
Like Life Church’s Germantown location, a live band will provide energetic, contemporary worship music at the new West Campus; however, the pastor’s message will be seen via video. Childcare will be provided on site at West Campus for ages zero through fifth grade.
“Our main goal is to change people’s lives,” said West Campus Pastor, Jeremy Chapman. “We want to help people see church differently, and that means doing church differently.”
Already over 500 churches in the United States meet in movie theaters. It’s a growing national trend, not only due to the low-cost, high-impact location that the venue offers, but also due to the fact that the movie screen offers one of the most dynamic avenues for delivering the message of Jesus.
West Campus Launch Service Information
Life Church West Campus at the Marcus Majestic Cinema
770 Springdale Road
Brookfield, WI 53186
Sunday, April 3, 2011
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
First 300 adults will receive FREE movie passes and all elementary-aged children will receive complimentary movie candy at the launch service.
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride