Grab your popcorn and favorite movie candy; it’s time for church.
On Sunday, April 3, 2011, Life Church launches their new “West Campus” at the largest movie theater of its kind in Wisconsin, the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Brookfield. Services will be held weekly at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays, in the three-story tall Ultra-Screen auditorium.
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Life Church is the first church in the Milwaukee area to open a campus in a movie theater on such a large scale.
About a thousand people currently attend services at Life Church’s Germantown location. Expanding will not only allow them to reach a broader audience, but also make going to church more convenient for the members who already live in Milwaukee’s western suburbs.
“We are leveraging our technology to localize our church. Opening this second campus makes us more accessible to the 46,000 households located within a five-mile radius of the West Campus location,” said Life Church senior pastor, Aaron Cole.
Like Life Church’s Germantown location, a live band will provide energetic, contemporary worship music at the new West Campus; however, the pastor’s message will be seen via video. Childcare will be provided on site at West Campus for ages zero through fifth grade.
“Our main goal is to change people’s lives,” said West Campus Pastor, Jeremy Chapman. “We want to help people see church differently, and that means doing church differently.”
Already over 500 churches in the United States meet in movie theaters. It’s a growing national trend, not only due to the low-cost, high-impact location that the venue offers, but also due to the fact that the movie screen offers one of the most dynamic avenues for delivering the message of Jesus.
West Campus Launch Service Information
Life Church West Campus at the Marcus Majestic Cinema
770 Springdale Road
Brookfield, WI 53186
Sunday, April 3, 2011
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
First 300 adults will receive FREE movie passes and all elementary-aged children will receive complimentary movie candy at the launch service.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- A big "Thank You" from the Griebel family
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Device Workshop in Germantown
- Washington County Legend Trip: A Ride on the Strange Side Back for a Second Year
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS