The Germantown Community Band will combine with Germantown High School’s Tri-M Music Honor Society to present their fifth annual free holiday concert in the high school’s auxiliary gym, W180 N11501 River Lane, on Sunday, Dec. 19, at 2 p.m.
The Germantown Community Band will play a selection of Christmas favorites, including “Sleigh Ride,” “A Canadian Brass Christmas,” “Hallelujah Chorus” and “The Christmas Song,” as well as selections from Sousa’s “Hands Across the Sea” march and the band’s traditional closer, “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.” The Tri-M Music Honor Society Concert Ensemble will perform holiday classics, including “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “The Twelve Days of Christmas.” Guests will enjoy complimentary holiday refreshments.
“The concert is a great way to kick off your Christmas-week activities,” said James Barnes, director of the Germantown Community Band and advisor for the Tri-M chapter. “Music is such an essential part of the holidays, and these musicians really enjoy performing for our community.”
In the 11 years since its inception, the Germantown Community Band has grown to nearly 80 members, ranging in age from 14 to 75 years old. In addition to the holiday show, the band performs several concerts at Fireman’s Park each summer. Also 80 members strong, Tri-M is a special honor society for musicians at Germantown High School who voluntarily perform music and community service throughout the village. Tri-M sponsors special activities throughout the year, including “Meet the Instruments” for elementary-age children; “College 101” for high school students; and the “Rhythm Run,” a run/walk to support music education in Germantown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Callen Designer Suggests Modifications That Benefit People of All Ages
- SWIM STAFF NEEDED
- REMODELING INNOVATIONS GROUP DONATES TO EPILEPSY FOUNDATION SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN
- Vintage Base Ball & Car Show - August 16, 2015
- Breastfeeding Safely While Taking Medication for Anxiety and Depression
- Heading to the Fair? BBB Says Check Vendors Out First
- Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth
- BBB Tip: Back-to-School Shopping Shouldn’t Break the Bank