Academy School of Music today announced the formation of Academy School of Performance, an opportunity for private-lesson students to form ensembles, gain experience playing in small groups, and present live performances, the first of which will be held at Academy on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010, at 2 p.m.
"The objective here is to help students develop the listening and timing skills necessary to play with other musicians," said Jim Kube, percussion instructor and the program's founder and director. "Private music students often play along to CDs and don't have the benefit of playing with other musicians, outside of school bands".
"Academy of Music has been a staple of Menomonee Falls for decades," said store owner Stephen K. Koenigs," and I'm pleased we are the first to bring this opportunity to our local kids."
Six students will be performing later this month: Brandon Lucas (drumset) and Jimmy Bucher (electric guitar), will present a pop song with guitar instructor Donny Jirschele and Kube; Zach Knutson (drumset) and Andrew Marszalkowski (electric guitar) will perform a pop song with Jirschele and Kube; and Ryan Brasfield (drumset) and Alex Crane (electric guitar) will present an original Crane composition, accompanied by giutar and woodwind instructor Dave Melstrand, Knutson, and Kube. The performing students range in age from 7 to 17.
The public is welcome to attend and encourage the musicians. Doors open at 1:30; photography without flash is permitted.
Academy School of Music offers music instruction and instruments for purchase and rental Monday through Thursday, noon - 8 p.m.; Friday, noon - 3; and Saturday 10 - 3.
For more information, call Jim Kube at 262-255-6950. Photo ops and interviews will be granted upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Host a Student from Spain!!!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check