Academy School of Music today announced the formation of Academy School of Performance, an opportunity for private-lesson students to form ensembles, gain experience playing in small groups, and present live performances, the first of which will be held at Academy on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010, at 2 p.m.
"The objective here is to help students develop the listening and timing skills necessary to play with other musicians," said Jim Kube, percussion instructor and the program's founder and director. "Private music students often play along to CDs and don't have the benefit of playing with other musicians, outside of school bands".
"Academy of Music has been a staple of Menomonee Falls for decades," said store owner Stephen K. Koenigs," and I'm pleased we are the first to bring this opportunity to our local kids."
Six students will be performing later this month: Brandon Lucas (drumset) and Jimmy Bucher (electric guitar), will present a pop song with guitar instructor Donny Jirschele and Kube; Zach Knutson (drumset) and Andrew Marszalkowski (electric guitar) will perform a pop song with Jirschele and Kube; and Ryan Brasfield (drumset) and Alex Crane (electric guitar) will present an original Crane composition, accompanied by giutar and woodwind instructor Dave Melstrand, Knutson, and Kube. The performing students range in age from 7 to 17.
The public is welcome to attend and encourage the musicians. Doors open at 1:30; photography without flash is permitted.
Academy School of Music offers music instruction and instruments for purchase and rental Monday through Thursday, noon - 8 p.m.; Friday, noon - 3; and Saturday 10 - 3.
For more information, call Jim Kube at 262-255-6950. Photo ops and interviews will be granted upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Germantown Volleyball Team's Carly Townsend signs with Toledo Rockets
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Friends Holiday Book & Basket Sale
- Meissner joins LSSU recruiting class
- Come Support Brown Deer Girls Basketball - Scrimmage
- Bonaparte to Receive Excellence in Community Service Award from Milwaukee Affiliate Black Child Development Institute
- Doors of Cedarburg Show
- Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal Michelle Mueller Offers: Seven Tips for Applying to College