Germantown School District is pleased to announce that their Board of Education and the AFSCME, (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees), Local 2423 Union, have reached a three-year contract agreement effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013. AFSCME Union represents approximately 150 GSD employees consisting of: classroom aides, custodians, food service staff, secretaries, and technical support staff. A ratified agreement was reached on September 13, 2010 following six negotiation meetings held over the last five months. The AFSCME negotiations team was comprised of nine members; and Germantown School District’s negotiations team was comprised of
the District Administrator, the Director of School Finance, Human Resources
Director and the School Board members Diana Kline and Tom Bowe.
Jeanne Beaty, AFSCME Union President, stated, “We are very pleased with the positive outcome of the negotiations process. I feel our team did an excellent job negotiating a fair and equitable contract. The proposal passed with a 76 to 1 voted in favor of the new contract.”
Dr. Sue Borden, District Administrator, shared, “Like the Union, we are pleased with the positive outcome of our negotiations process and look forward to continuing to serve our community in the same spirit of team work.”
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Holds Free Bi-Annual Shredding Event to Help Fight Identity Theft
- Come and visit us at the Old Courthouse Museum for Blast Into the Past Family Day
- Darling Applauds Germantown High School Anti-Drunk Driving Program
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry