Germantown School District is pleased to announce that their Board of Education and the AFSCME, (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees), Local 2423 Union, have reached a three-year contract agreement effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013. AFSCME Union represents approximately 150 GSD employees consisting of: classroom aides, custodians, food service staff, secretaries, and technical support staff. A ratified agreement was reached on September 13, 2010 following six negotiation meetings held over the last five months. The AFSCME negotiations team was comprised of nine members; and Germantown School District’s negotiations team was comprised of
the District Administrator, the Director of School Finance, Human Resources
Director and the School Board members Diana Kline and Tom Bowe.
Jeanne Beaty, AFSCME Union President, stated, “We are very pleased with the positive outcome of the negotiations process. I feel our team did an excellent job negotiating a fair and equitable contract. The proposal passed with a 76 to 1 voted in favor of the new contract.”
Dr. Sue Borden, District Administrator, shared, “Like the Union, we are pleased with the positive outcome of our negotiations process and look forward to continuing to serve our community in the same spirit of team work.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Hamilton seniors named scholarship winners
- Synergy Show Choir to perform final concert March 10
- HABC offers Charger spirit wear online
- Hamilton decides to put prize money to use
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre