Germantown School District is pleased to announce that their Board of Education and the AFSCME, (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees), Local 2423 Union, have reached a three-year contract agreement effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013. AFSCME Union represents approximately 150 GSD employees consisting of: classroom aides, custodians, food service staff, secretaries, and technical support staff. A ratified agreement was reached on September 13, 2010 following six negotiation meetings held over the last five months. The AFSCME negotiations team was comprised of nine members; and Germantown School District’s negotiations team was comprised of
the District Administrator, the Director of School Finance, Human Resources
Director and the School Board members Diana Kline and Tom Bowe.
Jeanne Beaty, AFSCME Union President, stated, “We are very pleased with the positive outcome of the negotiations process. I feel our team did an excellent job negotiating a fair and equitable contract. The proposal passed with a 76 to 1 voted in favor of the new contract.”
Dr. Sue Borden, District Administrator, shared, “Like the Union, we are pleased with the positive outcome of our negotiations process and look forward to continuing to serve our community in the same spirit of team work.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive
- Hamilton announces September students of the month
- Wisconsin's Mining Standoff - free documentary screening
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign