Germantown School District is pleased to announce that their Board of Education and the AFSCME, (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees), Local 2423 Union, have reached a three-year contract agreement effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013. AFSCME Union represents approximately 150 GSD employees consisting of: classroom aides, custodians, food service staff, secretaries, and technical support staff. A ratified agreement was reached on September 13, 2010 following six negotiation meetings held over the last five months. The AFSCME negotiations team was comprised of nine members; and Germantown School District’s negotiations team was comprised of
the District Administrator, the Director of School Finance, Human Resources
Director and the School Board members Diana Kline and Tom Bowe.
Jeanne Beaty, AFSCME Union President, stated, “We are very pleased with the positive outcome of the negotiations process. I feel our team did an excellent job negotiating a fair and equitable contract. The proposal passed with a 76 to 1 voted in favor of the new contract.”
Dr. Sue Borden, District Administrator, shared, “Like the Union, we are pleased with the positive outcome of our negotiations process and look forward to continuing to serve our community in the same spirit of team work.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three more chances to see Falls Patio Players' 'Godspell'
- Old Falls Village Halloween Family Fun Nights October 23 & 24
- A Vision for Germantown
- GO Riteway Kicks Off School Bus Safety Week - October 19th
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- HYMNS TRIUMPHANT, to be held October 17th at Holy Cross
- Concordia University Presents "Faces of Depression" Art Exhibit
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Kesslers Diamonds Opens Oct. 2 in Downtown Milwaukee
- Germantown High School Powder Puff 2015