Germantown Fire Department To Host CERT Training for National Preparedness Month this September
Germantown Fire Department will host Community Emergency Response Team Training (CERT) as part of the National Preparedness Month activities taking place all over Washington County this September. CERT is an all hazards approach to emergency response sponsored by Citizen Corps of Washington County and funded by an Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) grant.
CERT participants learn how to take care of themselves and their neighbors in the aftermath of a disaster in case professional response is delayed. This “hands-on”, three day training includes topics such as disaster preparedness, emergency medical operations, fire suppression, light search and rescue, disaster psychology and terrorism. Students will practice their new skills on the final day with a mock disaster exercise conducted inside the Survive Alive House located at Fire Station # 2.
No experience is necessary to take this class. Students aged 13-17 are eligible to participate if attending with a parent or legal guardian. CERT participants receive a backpack complete with CERT manual and beginning supply of emergency equipment. Training is free; however, a $20 registration fee is required to reserve a seat in class. The reservation fee will be refunded upon successful completion of CERT training.
Class size is limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
Germantown Fire Department, Station 2 - N115 W18752 Edison Drive, Germantown
• Thursday, September 16, 6p.m. - 10p.m.
• Thursday, September 23 6p.m. - 10p.m.
• Saturday, September 25 8a.m. - 5p.m.
(Registration deadline is Monday, September 13, 2010)
For more information or to register for CERT contact Deborah Knepler, Citizen Corps Outreach Coordinator at (262) 338-8256 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Take Sunday Dinner Pledge To Benefit Meals On Wheels
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Help Prevent Seniors from Becoming Scam Victims
- Germantown Youth Futures Recognizes Industrial Recyclers
- Russ Darrow Group Dealerships Ranked Top 25 “Best Places to Work”
- Fire Up - Participatory Iron Pour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities