The Menomonee Falls and Germantown girls golfs teams got the autumn season under way for everyone last week at invitational events.
The Indians took 18th of 22 teams in the 18-hole Yahara Hills Invitational in Madison on Friday. Falls turned in an 18-hole total of 405 as Morgan Scrobel tied for 39th individually with an 89 and Jessica Gruber tied for 56th with a 95.
Falls had turned in an 18-hole score of 393 the day before at the Pius XI Invitational at Washington County as Scrobel shot an 84, Gruber a 91 and Hailey Barbee 103.
Germantown turned in a 460 mark at the Pius meet as Erica Bethhauser came in with a 108 and Alex Kleczewski and Sophia Mazurek each carded 117 totals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 18, 2014
- Girls basketball: Germantown's Taylor Higginbotham helps Warhawks grab huge win over Cedarburg
- Five Germantown All-Sub choices displayed maturity, skill
- G'town girls win three straight NSC contests
- Boys Basketball: Germantown's North Shore dominance continues
- Fall a time of reflection and athletic success for Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- State champion Germantown boys open with win over Kettle Moraine
- Menomonee Falls girls basketball team falls to powerful Everest squad
- Three-time state champion Germantown boys have new look
- Fast first quarter lifts Germantown girls basketball team in opener