The Menomonee Falls cross country program's annual season-opening age group race set for Aug. 29 at Rotary Park has a new name.
The event, formally known as the Rotary Park Challenge, is now known as the Falls' Coaches Classic.
It will start at 4:15 p.m. and features four races. There will be a freshmen-sophomore race for girls at 4:15 p.m. with the same age group for the boys going off at 4:45 p.m. The junior-senior girls will compete at 5:15 p.m. and the boys at 5:45 p.m.
There will be no team scoring held in this meet and awards will be given to the first 10 runners in each grade. There will be a concession stand and T-shirts will be for sale.
The awards will be handled by former Menomonee Falls' cross country coaches Bob Rymer, Wayne Bohlmann and Jim Geisthardt.
Teams taking part in the event include Brookfield Central, Germantown, Homestead, Nicolet, Waterford, Waukesha North, Waukesha West, Wauwatosa East and Westosha Central. Results will be posted at PTtiming.
— Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team roars past game Falls, 83-47
- High-speed Germantown girls overpower Falls, 73-54, in border clash
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team beats Falls for 60th straight
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 7
- Germantown girls basketball team overpowers Falls, 73-54
- Boys basketball: Early run keeps Germantown's streak intact
- Youthful Germantown grapplers come up just short of Bay in NSC dual opener
- Germantown chasing history
- Dixon's rally keys Bay wrestling team's 41-33 win over Germantown
- Engines on full-blast, Germantown boys roar to easy win in opener