The Menomonee Falls cross country program's annual season-opening age group race set for Aug. 29 at Rotary Park has a new name.
The event, formally known as the Rotary Park Challenge, is now known as the Falls' Coaches Classic.
It will start at 4:15 p.m. and features four races. There will be a freshmen-sophomore race for girls at 4:15 p.m. with the same age group for the boys going off at 4:45 p.m. The junior-senior girls will compete at 5:15 p.m. and the boys at 5:45 p.m.
There will be no team scoring held in this meet and awards will be given to the first 10 runners in each grade. There will be a concession stand and T-shirts will be for sale.
The awards will be handled by former Menomonee Falls' cross country coaches Bob Rymer, Wayne Bohlmann and Jim Geisthardt.
Teams taking part in the event include Brookfield Central, Germantown, Homestead, Nicolet, Waterford, Waukesha North, Waukesha West, Wauwatosa East and Westosha Central. Results will be posted at PTtiming.
— Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Vikings' netters beat New Berlin Eisenhower, 6-1
- Bay boys soccer team opens NSC defense with 3-0 win over GT
- Germantown swim team beats Falls, 97-79, in spirited dual
- Germantown football team rolls past Greenfield in opener, 56-7
- Football: Germantown affirms heavyweight status
- Menomonee Falls and Germantown autumn sports season gets underway
- Behind potent offense, Germantown ready to make some noise
- Finger proved his worth on the mound for Germantown baseball team
- 50 years of summer baseball has been good to area teams