The Menomonee Falls cross country program's annual season-opening age group race set for Aug. 29 at Rotary Park has a new name.
The event, formally known as the Rotary Park Challenge, is now known as the Falls' Coaches Classic.
It will start at 4:15 p.m. and features four races. There will be a freshmen-sophomore race for girls at 4:15 p.m. with the same age group for the boys going off at 4:45 p.m. The junior-senior girls will compete at 5:15 p.m. and the boys at 5:45 p.m.
There will be no team scoring held in this meet and awards will be given to the first 10 runners in each grade. There will be a concession stand and T-shirts will be for sale.
The awards will be handled by former Menomonee Falls' cross country coaches Bob Rymer, Wayne Bohlmann and Jim Geisthardt.
Teams taking part in the event include Brookfield Central, Germantown, Homestead, Nicolet, Waterford, Waukesha North, Waukesha West, Wauwatosa East and Westosha Central. Results will be posted at PTtiming.
— Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls' Jones blanks Germantown, 2-0, in softball thriller
- Brookfield Central Jr. Lancer eighth-graders win fourth straight state title
- Young Germantown girls soccer team breaks out to 4-0 start
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Showalter family Final Four experience memorable
- Germantown tennis team claims Muskego Invite
- Germantown golf team has strong showing at Washington County Invite
- Menomonee Falls boys track team starts on an up note
- Germantown's Showalter, with help, earns fourth All-Suburban Coach of the Year honors
- McCloud instrumental in Germantown's state run