The Menomonee Falls cross country program's annual season-opening age group race set for Aug. 29 at Rotary Park has a new name.
The event, formally known as the Rotary Park Challenge, is now known as the Falls' Coaches Classic.
It will start at 4:15 p.m. and features four races. There will be a freshmen-sophomore race for girls at 4:15 p.m. with the same age group for the boys going off at 4:45 p.m. The junior-senior girls will compete at 5:15 p.m. and the boys at 5:45 p.m.
There will be no team scoring held in this meet and awards will be given to the first 10 runners in each grade. There will be a concession stand and T-shirts will be for sale.
The awards will be handled by former Menomonee Falls' cross country coaches Bob Rymer, Wayne Bohlmann and Jim Geisthardt.
Teams taking part in the event include Brookfield Central, Germantown, Homestead, Nicolet, Waterford, Waukesha North, Waukesha West, Wauwatosa East and Westosha Central. Results will be posted at PTtiming.
— Steven L. Tietz
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- History made at Germantown track invites
- Germantown softball team wins critical NSC showdown
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Wrestling: Germantown's Jesse Thielke wins Olympic wrestling trials
- Veteran Germantown girls track team wins North Shore indoor
- McCloud, Keefe kept pace as Germantown boys basketball maintained legacy
- Germantown boys basketball team kept legacy alive under Adams
- Germantown's Showalter says 'I do have options'
- Germantown girls track team wins Whitfish Bay invite