The defense remains stout for the Germantown girls soccer team, but the offense needs work.
That became clear as the Warhawks played two scoreless ties with Milwaukee Lutheran and Wauwatosa West.
"We have established ourselves as a very organized, strong defensive team that does not allow many easy chances or goals," Germantown coach Steve Sperl said. "While this is a fantastic trait that all good teams must possess, we have to start finishing the chances we get or we will never get to that next level we are striving for."
The tie with host Lutheran was especially frustrating as the Warhawks had a 14-1 shots-on-goal advantage. Maggie Marks had three saves in the tilt with visiting West on April 24.
Germantown has given up only three goals all season, but has only scored three times.
Germantown (2-2-3) will host Appleton Xavier at 5 p.m. Saturday, May 2.
- Steven L. Tietz,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Dominant Germantown volleyball team sweeps NSC tourney
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Germantown cross country teams head into NSC meet as winners
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Homestead football team ties for North Shore lead, beats GT, 35-30
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Whitefish Bay boys v-ball teams beats Germantown, ties for NSC lead
- SPORTS SHORTS: Oct. 9