The four Germantown boys basketball players arrested for alleged drug possession on Jan. 23 when their vehicle was pulled over for a traffic violation have been formally suspended.
According to a school district press release, the Germantown High School Administrative team has completed its investigation into the off-campus incident that occurred on Jan. 23 and has concluded the following:
* The students that were currently involved in a co-curricular activity are not
currently eligible to participate under the District’s co-curricular code.
* The District is not in a position to provide statements relating specifically to
an individual pupil’s behavior or specific consequences.
* The students may be able to return to competition this season provided that
they adhere to all provisions of the code.
That means starting guards Lamonte and Brian Bearden, top reserve Dearionte Hudson and Lamont Christian will not be available to the two-time state champion and second-ranked in state Warhawks for the foreseeable future.
According to the Germantown Co-Curricular Code, first offenders of the policy lose eligibility for one-quarter of a given season and second offenders for one-half. They also have to go through various assessments and evaluations before they are allowed to participate again.
Germantown plays at home against Cedarburg on Friday night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead girls basketball team beats Gerrmantown, tightens NSC
- Germantown wrestlers win NSC dual-meet title
- Germantown girls basketball team continues to run and win
- Keefe's shot at the buzzer keeps Germantown boys basketball team ahead in NSC
- Germantown's Pohland was a coach, mentor to many
- Keefe, Germantown boys respond with big win over Lutheran
- Ready for the big-time, Germantown girls tie for North Shore Conference lead
- Germantown wrestlers unite around seniors, beat Cedarburg
- Germantown wrestlers beat defending NSC champ Cedarburg, 43-21
- Germantown girls basketball team gets break against Cedarburg, takes advantage