Germantown's Edmonds 'falls' for Division I scholarship
Volleyball ace heading out east to Niagra University
Germantown - Despite the obvious big-time natural distraction just four minutes away from her new school, Germantown volleyball player Taylor Edmonds said she will be able to concentrate on her studies and her level of play, when she heads off to NCAA Division I Niagara University in New York next year.
"I did get to see it (Niagra Falls) when I visited there," she said. "It's amazing but that wasn't the only thing that made me want to go there (laughs)."
Edmonds recently signed a letter of intent with Niagara to play volleyball after her stellar senior season as the middle hitter/setter led the Warhawks to a share of the North Shore Conference title.
"They've been watching me for awhile," she said, "and I've gotten to know the coaches, and I like them. They like that I'm very versatile and can play a lot of different positions. They also have my major (sports management).
"I'm just really glad to have this all over with," she said. 'I've been getting recruiting mail since my freshmen year so it's a big relief to have it over and done with."
Edmonds said that Niagara, a member of the MAAC conference was recruiting her as both a middle hitter and a setter but sees her future as more in the middle. The Purple Eagles volleyball team was seeking its third straight league title in the MAAC Tournament this past weekend
"I've been both setting and hitting since I've started playing," Edmonds said. "So it works out well for me either way."
Edmonds started out with the Eclipse Volleyball Club but has been playing with the Milwaukee Sting for several years now.
Edmonds said that Niagara also liked her overall athleticism. She is also a four-year letter-winner in track for Germantown having worked both the 100 and 300 hurdles as well as being a key component of the Warhawks'S 1,600-meter relay team.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown girls expect to compete for another NSC title
- Graham fundraiser hopes to create space for cancer patients
- Higginbotham and Meissner make history for GT girls
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 20, 2014
- Girls swimming: Farley-Sepe wins state championship, South third
- Warhawk netters' dreams of state title fall in loss to DSHA
- Germantown swimmers advance six entries to state
- Germantown boys volleyball team falls in sectional
- Germantown girls volleyball team dominates Merrill in state quarters
- Arrowhead volleyball team upsets state runner-up Germantown