With a fan base estimated at between 4,000-5,000 people, 25-0 Appleton East will have a decided advantage in support compared to 24-1 Germantown when it comes to the WIAA "Super Tuesday" boys basketball game at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday night.
The game will be for a berth in the WIAA State Tournament.
So coach Steve Showalter and Athletic Director Jack Klebesadel are encouraging Warhawk fans to make the 67-mile trip to Oshkosh to back the team as it aims for its third state trip in four years.
Tickets will still be on sale Monday and Tuesday at Germantown's front entrance, according to Klebesadel, who said about 500 tickets were sold in the aftermath of Germantown's sectional final win over Waukesha West Saturday night.
Directons to UW-Oshkosh's Kolf Center include taking Highway 41 north towards Fond du lac and then taking the WI-21/Omro Road exit in Oshkosh (exit 119) toward Oshkosh Ave. Turn right on Omro Road/WI-21 and follow that for about 1.2 miles. Turn right on High Avenue and follow that for about .8 of a mile.
The Kolf Center will be on the right.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 23
- Germantown boys strong effort comes up short in North Shore outdoor
- Sports Shorts: May 13
- Germantown softball team edges Bay, 1-0, to improve to 11-0 in NSC
- OUR TAKE
- Germantown, Falls golfers battle conditions, finish well at Port meet
- Sports Shorts: May 6
- Germantown netters gaining attention, win fourth tourney of season
- Precise Germantown girls track team gets just enough to defend NSC relays crown
- OUR TAKE