The popularity of Menomonee Falls all-state forward J.P. Tokoto has resulted in the girl-boy basketball doubleheader between Germantown and Falls on Dec. 18 to be moved from Germantown to Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa.
"It's a good way to get a 1,000 more people in and we probably won't have to turn anyone away either," said Germantown Athletic Director Jack Klebesadel.
Klebesadel struck the agreement with Falls AD Dave Petroff noting that the popularity of the top NCAA division I recruit Tokoto has forced Falls to adjust its ticket policy to accomondate more people.
Falls home games or games in the immediate area (Germantown and Sussex Hamilton included) have routinely resulted in overflow crowds since last year.
Wisconsin Lutheran College's Fieldhouse, which also hosts the state boys volleyball tournament in the fall, can hold more than 2,400 people, well over the capacity of Germantown or Falls.
Klebesadel said that the district's cost of the move is being negotiated with Wisco officials but noted that the ticket price for both games will remain the same at $5. The school is located on 88th and Bluemound.
The girls game will be played at 6 p.m. while the boys will go at 8 p.m.
- Germantown's baseball season ends with tough loss to West Bend West
- Germantown baseball team ends season with regional loss to West
- Germantown baseball team ready for tourney run
- Carly Szada helped Germantown softball team to another North Shore Conference title
- Sports Notes: July 7, 2016
- Germantown baseball team ups winning streak to five
- Germantown All-Sub choice Szada was key to sixth NSC title
- Thomas and big bats lead Germantown baseball team over Bay, 6-1
- Road trip to Whitewater helps Germantown baseball team
- Germantown's Keefe has fun, plays strong at WBCA All-Star game