The popularity of Menomonee Falls all-state forward J.P. Tokoto has resulted in the girl-boy basketball doubleheader between Germantown and Falls on Dec. 18 to be moved from Germantown to Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa.
"It's a good way to get a 1,000 more people in and we probably won't have to turn anyone away either," said Germantown Athletic Director Jack Klebesadel.
Klebesadel struck the agreement with Falls AD Dave Petroff noting that the popularity of the top NCAA division I recruit Tokoto has forced Falls to adjust its ticket policy to accomondate more people.
Falls home games or games in the immediate area (Germantown and Sussex Hamilton included) have routinely resulted in overflow crowds since last year.
Wisconsin Lutheran College's Fieldhouse, which also hosts the state boys volleyball tournament in the fall, can hold more than 2,400 people, well over the capacity of Germantown or Falls.
Klebesadel said that the district's cost of the move is being negotiated with Wisco officials but noted that the ticket price for both games will remain the same at $5. The school is located on 88th and Bluemound.
The girls game will be played at 6 p.m. while the boys will go at 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anderson and Showalter exchanging roles
- Germantown boys rout Madison East to earn finals berth
- Preps Alcove: SPASH writes familiar story and ends Germantown's ... for now
- Point ends Germantown basketball team's three-year state reign, 67-51
- Germantown boys basketball team rolls into final with 82-54 rout of East
- 2014 Warhawks measure up against past champions
- Germantown boys battle way back to state by beating Kimberly
- Success comes on many levels for Germantown basketball
- Germantown boys basketball team outlasts Homestead in physical semi, 50-42
- Boys basketball: Germantown boys basketball team heads back to state