The popularity of Menomonee Falls all-state forward J.P. Tokoto has resulted in the girl-boy basketball doubleheader between Germantown and Falls on Dec. 18 to be moved from Germantown to Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa.
"It's a good way to get a 1,000 more people in and we probably won't have to turn anyone away either," said Germantown Athletic Director Jack Klebesadel.
Klebesadel struck the agreement with Falls AD Dave Petroff noting that the popularity of the top NCAA division I recruit Tokoto has forced Falls to adjust its ticket policy to accomondate more people.
Falls home games or games in the immediate area (Germantown and Sussex Hamilton included) have routinely resulted in overflow crowds since last year.
Wisconsin Lutheran College's Fieldhouse, which also hosts the state boys volleyball tournament in the fall, can hold more than 2,400 people, well over the capacity of Germantown or Falls.
Klebesadel said that the district's cost of the move is being negotiated with Wisco officials but noted that the ticket price for both games will remain the same at $5. The school is located on 88th and Bluemound.
The girls game will be played at 6 p.m. while the boys will go at 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hoops team moving on after 3rd state title
- 3 players show GT eras
- Germantown golfer Phillip Johnson gets scholarship to University of Dayton
- Warhawks team young, deep and off to 4-1 start
- Bay girls win 10 events to repeat as North Shore indoor track champs
- Bay and Homestead tie for North Shore boys track title
- Germantown cager Taylor Higginbotham earns All-Suburban honor
- 2 from GT are All-Suburban
- Germantown girls basketball set numerous records
- Sports Shorts: April 3