Germantown - Due to numerous complaints from residents about pot holes, Willow Creek Road in Germantown was put on the to-do list for 2014, village officials decided Tuesday.
Village personnel have been receiving an influx of calls from residents since winter ended expressing concern over the poor road conditions.
They questioned why Willow Creek Road, a highly traveled village thoroughfare, was not part of the 2013 road program.
"The road is rapidly deteriorating," Village Engineer Brionne Bischke said. "Because of high use and all the complaints we are receiving, it is a priority to get it done."
For the road to be reconstructed, Bischke asked the Village Board to approve engineer work during the summer to investigate the roadway and the depth of work needed. The investigation will be conducted in-house.
Bischke said they plan to look at geotechnical areas on the roadway and collect data to determine if reconstruction work can be done in clusters.
Fixing the road in clusters could be less expensive than completely redoing the entire roadway.
There are also problems with drainage and landscaping, which will be addressed.
Village Trustee Art Zabel said some drainage work on the roadway can be done by village staff in the meantime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- Germantown Plan Commission to discuss community survey results, zoning changes
- Technology, Rockfield construction on tap for Germantown School Board
- Germantown School District hosts transition fair for students with disabilities
- Plans for Germantown performing arts pavilion take shape, include park upgrades (1)
- Germantown cross country teams ready for North Shore Conference with strong finishes
- Driver survives hourlong extraction from vehicle near Highway 41 and Friestadt Road (1)
- Germantown board sides with residents, does not allow plans for large apartment complex
- Saxony Village proposal discussion to resume in Germantown (1)
- Germantown School District to see small increase in taxes