Germantown — A new face will replace a veteran on the Village Board as a result of the election April 1.
Bob Warren defeated Dennis Myers for the District 3 seat on the board in Germantown's only contested race this election season. Warren will replace long-time trustee Mel Ewert, who is retiring.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bob Warren 250.
Dennis Myers 180.
While campaigning, both Warren and Myers shared a commitment to continued economic development in the village, specifically pertaining to the tax incremental financing district No. 6. As he assumes the role, Warren cited this as a priority for the village moving forward.
"We have a shortage of larger acreage for businesses to move into Germantown," he said. "We need those businesses, we need to keep (the TIF district) moving forward, to continue attracting other businesses to the community."
Warren, 59, said his background as a transportation engineer for Graef, as well as his experience on the Plan Commission and Board of Review, will add value to the board.
He has a bachelor's degree in engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and is married with two adult children.
David Baum, Jeff Werdeman and Jeff Hughes each ran unopposed for re-election for their District 1, District 2, and District 4 seats, respectively.
Trustees serve three-year terms and are paid $5,500 per year.
There were no opposed races for the School Board. Bob Soderberg and Lester Spies were re-elected for Seat No. 5 and Seat No. 3, respectively.
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown schools stay on enrollment track with changes
- Germantown School District gets some gas relief with new supplier (1)
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown requests extension of MMSD sanitary sewer
- Camp Invention coming to Kennedy Middle School
- District names new Rockfield Elementary principal
- Inaugural mud run raises $4K for Germantown teacher grants
- Germantown resident wins MS scholarship
- Familiar face to lead Germantown parks department
- Germantown Police Reports: July 23, 2015