Germantown — A new face will replace a veteran on the Village Board as a result of the election April 1.
Bob Warren defeated Dennis Myers for the District 3 seat on the board in Germantown's only contested race this election season. Warren will replace long-time trustee Mel Ewert, who is retiring.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bob Warren 250.
Dennis Myers 180.
While campaigning, both Warren and Myers shared a commitment to continued economic development in the village, specifically pertaining to the tax incremental financing district No. 6. As he assumes the role, Warren cited this as a priority for the village moving forward.
"We have a shortage of larger acreage for businesses to move into Germantown," he said. "We need those businesses, we need to keep (the TIF district) moving forward, to continue attracting other businesses to the community."
Warren, 59, said his background as a transportation engineer for Graef, as well as his experience on the Plan Commission and Board of Review, will add value to the board.
He has a bachelor's degree in engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and is married with two adult children.
David Baum, Jeff Werdeman and Jeff Hughes each ran unopposed for re-election for their District 1, District 2, and District 4 seats, respectively.
Trustees serve three-year terms and are paid $5,500 per year.
There were no opposed races for the School Board. Bob Soderberg and Lester Spies were re-elected for Seat No. 5 and Seat No. 3, respectively.
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driver survives hourlong extraction from vehicle near Highway 41 and Friestadt Road (1)
- Germantown board sides with residents, does not allow plans for large apartment complex
- Saxony Village proposal discussion to resume in Germantown (1)
- Germantown School District to see small increase in taxes
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Trash changes in Germantown delayed a month
- Germantown mansion destroyed in fire
- Germantown board hits pause button on Saxony Village proposal
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015