A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Common Core up in the air
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- New Pick 'n Save hiring 125 employees (1)
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings