A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Board takes a new route
- Police Report: April 15
- Longtime trustee resigns from his seat on Village Board
- Germantown School District delays Project Lead the Way contract again
- Germantown Village Board approves cellphone tower for northeast side of Wasaukee Road
- Community Calendar: April 10
- Winter hard on roads, budget in Menomonee Falls, Germantown
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown school districts see iPads expand expression in students
- Police Report: April 7