A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown schools finalize balanced budget
- Germantown Police Report: October 30, 2014
- First Bank taking nominations for Holi-Days of Giving
- GFD is "delivering fire prevention" tonight
- Germantown Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Amy Belle Elementary School Receives Award
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase