A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School District approves less open enrollment, Chapter 220 seats for 2015-16
- Germantown polling residents on growth and recreation plan
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 27, 2015
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- New & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Germantown businesses receive funding for workforce development
- Germantown Fire Department seeks to enlist additional paid-on-call staff
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015
- Germantown plan commission seeks input on plans for Main Street