A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat for Humanity Opens ReStore in Germantown
- Community Calendar: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Germantown to consider long-term plan for downtown district
- Germantown Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Department of Transportation prepares for full closure of Highway 41
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options