A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown police ask for help finding driver in fatal hit and run
- Germantown ACT scores second highest in 12 years (1)
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Germantown native works hard, gains experience at Arlington research station
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September
- Video: Germantown tornado reported, no known damage