A 68-year-old woman called Germantown police to report her 12-year-old granddaughter purchased $87 worth of candy and was acting out of control at a residence in the W171 N10600 block of Aspen Lane at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Germantown police report:
Officers spoke to the girl and determined she had purchased the candy from the Dollar Tree using money she had taken from her grandfather's house.
Officers turned the candy over to the grandmother who said she would address the problem with the child's mother.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase
- Workouts happen around the clock at the Germantown Police Department
- Early Childhood Center plans hit roadblock, crowding remains an issue
- St. Boniface Apple Pie Production raises money for local charities
- Pollworkers needed for Nov. 4 election
- Germantown clerk urges voters to register before Nov. 4 election
- MLG Development purchases large chunk of new business park