Germantown — A fire that broke out last week on Hilltop Drive in Germantown sent one man to the hospital with minor injuries.
A Germantown resident was transported to Community Memorial Hospital on Sept. 25 after suffering minor first degree burns to his left hand, Germantown Police Chief Peter Hoell said. He has been treated and released from the hospital. The Germantown Fire and Police departments responded to reports of a fire at 11:20 p.m. in the N11800 block of Hilltop Drive.
A man was home alone when a deep fryer cooking chicken sparked a grease fire in his mobile home. The man was intoxicated at the time of the fire, Hoell said.
The Richfield Fire Department assisted with ambulance services to the fire.
The amount of damage is unknown, though Hoell said the home was uninhabitable after the fire.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Common Core up in the air
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- New Pick 'n Save hiring 125 employees (1)
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings
- Germantown police pressed to process prints to catch tobacco litterbug