Germantown — Germantown teachers will have a chance to share their opinion on the development of an alternative compensation model.
The Germantown School Board on Monday met with Verisight, a consultant that will guide them in the process of building a new model. The next step in the process is to create a survey that will be sent to staff, said School Board President Bob Soderberg, in the hopes of gauging opinion on the model. The School Board's Personnel Committee is hoping to review survey questions in the coming weeks.
Once the survey is sent to staff, key stakeholders will meet and provide input to the Personnel Committee, which is spearheading the process. The School Board has the ultimate say on the details of the model.
"Once we reach out to teachers and get feedback from teachers, then we will sit down in a committee to pull together all the information from teachers and the board and start brainstorming in what direction we want to go," said Brian Repsold, consultant with Verisight.
On Monday, the consultants gathered information from the School Board in an effort to build an overarching philosophy that will drive the model. One objective as part of the philosophy included pushing the School District to produce even better results.
"I think we're a school of choice," Soderberg said. "We certainly want to raise the bar, and we don't want to take a step back."
Members from the Germantown Education Association were also in attendance on Monday to give their input on the process. Soderberg said this type of collaboration is key in the development process.
The alternative compensation model is targeted for the 2014-15 school year.
"We're going to take our time, do the due diligence to make sure we are collaborative and transparent," Soderberg said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Calendar: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Germantown to consider long-term plan for downtown district
- Germantown Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Department of Transportation prepares for full closure of Highway 41
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook