Germantown police are seeking a man who claimed he was a lieutenant in Ozaukee County after they found he was not an employee there.
According to the Germantown police report:
A resident in the N109 W16800 block of Hawthorne Drive called police to report a man claiming he was a lieutenant in Ozaukee County repeatedly called her and told her she needs to make payments on unpaid traffic violation tickets Aug. 12.
An officer contacted the caller, who said he worked for the warrant division in Ozaukee County. The officer then called Ozaukee County and confirmed the suspect was not an employee.
Police are following up. No other information was released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- GHS alumnus founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- Woman drives drunk to pick up drunken driver from police station
- Germantown considers long-term plans for Main Street
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014